Home

Fight Night Champion Video: MGM Grand Entrance Between Mosley and Pacquiao

This is a discussion on Fight Night Champion Video: MGM Grand Entrance Between Mosley and Pacquiao within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-24-2010, 03:18 PM   #9
MVP

videobastard's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Fight Night Champion Video: MGM Grand Entrance Between Mosley and Pacquiao

The commentary, ring announcing, and presentation is still dull. They do not even show the fighters stepping into the ring. I wish they had lampley commentary, and jimmy lennon jr ring announcing to introduce the fights.

The walk to the ring by the boxers in a real pay per view fight is amped up, it usually will give you chills when its one of those big fights. Ea just can not, or choose to not capture that essence properly. This reminds me of madden 11 with the same cutscene of the quaterback before every game. Its too cut and dry.
Old 12-24-2010, 03:49 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
by now they should start to have some real trainers in the game. Itd be nice to see Roach with Pacman, Naz with Shane and see them incorporated into the other modes like joining different camps or hiring different trainers.

These entrances just seem the same every year. Where are Pacman's belts? Why do they just dance in one spot instead of walk to the ring? I think EA just needs to flip on a boxing match to see that entrances arent this crazy lights show where guys dance in one spot. Show them walking out and walking down to the ring and then getting in the ring.
that would be extra money they will be kicking out for trainers when we could be getting boxers. They also are going to need extra money if they are going to hire the same award winning writers for the Champion Mode.
Old 12-25-2010, 02:07 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1
I have no complaints about the video. But I agree with others that the commentary could use some work.

My wish for the commentary would be for it to reflect the career status appropriate for each fighter's ring entrance, and the excitement appropriate for the importance of the fight. For instance, if you're playing as a no-name fighter who hasn't built a reputation yet, the commentators should have less to say and sound less excited while you're walking in. When a future hall of famer walks in, the commentators should have more to say and be more excited. When it's a super-fight (i.e. Pacquaio-Mosley), the commentators should be barely able to contain their excitement --- and shouting to be heard over the crowd.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-25-2010, 04:51 AM   #12
Pro

OVR: 9
The UFC was able to secure several top trainers for their game that appear in the fighter's corner. Even ea's MMA game had whatever trainer you trained with for that fight yelling out instructions during the fight. This should be improved upon in this game and it doesn't seem to have been touched really.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Old 12-25-2010, 05:07 AM   #13
Pro

OVR: 33
The ring announcing is better but not brilliant. The commentary lacks substance once again. There is something missing in the pre fight. I can't quite put my finger on it but you just don't get the vibe of a big fight match up. Disappointed overall with the lack of improvements to this part of the game.
Old 12-25-2010, 07:46 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 6
That's terrible, and sad. I didn't know Sugar Shane was mexican. Pacquiao doesnt jump around when he comes into the ring, wtf.......they lost a customer, and I LOVE boxing......
Old 12-26-2010, 03:33 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 12

Would it cost them a lot of money to have a cut scene with the fighters touching gloves with their corner men with them like in real boxing? What is this Golden Gloves/amateurs? When I see a fight, I see the corner men go out there with their fighters to touch gloves and get referee instructions. Too much to ask for after 5- 6 years of waiting?

But I guess I should be patient. They had guys walking to the ring with no robes on not too far back so I guess by the time they release "Fight Night-Retirement" we'll get all these things. Come on EA. Learn your lesson from Madden and that NBA Elite fail. The longer you wait for other companies to do what you refuse to do better and more quickly, you lose. Just like a lot of people, I will be buying this because, like football, there is no other company making a boxing game, but this wont always be the case.

If budget is the issue, how about cutting some of the budget for that soundtrack that ends up getting muted after not wanting to hear "Jurassic 5" or "MC Nobody Cares" for the 90th time, and let us worry about uploading our own tunes. Will that free up some dough to get some of these updates to make the game really feel like its been revamped?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-26-2010, 04:59 AM   #16
Pro

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLmatic

If budget is the issue, how about cutting some of the budget for that soundtrack that ends up getting muted after not wanting to hear "Jurassic 5" or "MC Nobody Cares" for the 90th time, and let us worry about uploading our own tunes. Will that free up some dough to get some of these updates to make the game really feel like its been revamped?
Spot on. I would love to know how much money is blown on music rights on games. As you rightly state technology exists to allow us to upload our own music so why waste money on music people won't necessarily want to hear. One of the first things I do when I get a game is go to the options & turn the music right down.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »