Home

Fight Night Champion Video: MGM Grand Entrance Between Mosley and Pacquiao

This is a discussion on Fight Night Champion Video: MGM Grand Entrance Between Mosley and Pacquiao within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-26-2010, 07:22 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Fight Night Champion Video: MGM Grand Entrance Between Mosley and Pacquiao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazraz
The ring announcing is better but not brilliant. The commentary lacks substance once again. There is something missing in the pre fight. I can't quite put my finger on it but you just don't get the vibe of a big fight match up. Disappointed overall with the lack of improvements to this part of the game.
Missing this- Welcome Live to the MGM Grand in Las Vegas where Manny Pacquiao is set to defend his championship against SSM in a welterweight fight for the ages. Here's Manny/Shane as they arrived earlier this evening or a look at Shane/Manny in the dressing room. Now time for the tale of the tape Both fighters come in at 147.. Shane has a height and reach advantage.... Rules of the bout....Music hits...Lets go down to Michael Buffer..... Fighters enter (not everyone enters like Prince Naseem) ...Ladies and gentlemen LETS GET READY TO RUMBLE....In the blue corner the challenger SSM In the red corner the champion Manny Pac...now for final instructions...LETS GET IT ON! something like that?
Old 12-26-2010, 08:46 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 24

Sidenote on the corner man issue. I wish you had the option to choose a trainer and corner man at the beginning of your pro career and stick with him/her (can you say Ann Wolfe) say your first 20 fights with the option to only switch after that and keep that trainer for at least 3-5 fights.
Old 12-26-2010, 08:52 AM   #19
MVP

OVR: 24

The entrances do feel a bit cooker cutter. I'd scrap them all together in favor of shorter entrances with more in the ring pre-fight analysis. I can recall Judah entering the ring then side shuffling around the ring while his stats are being discussed OR Pac on his knees in the ring in prayer prior to the fight starting. Just a thought.
Old 12-26-2010, 02:39 PM   #20
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex
The entrances do feel a bit cooker cutter. I'd scrap them all together in favor of shorter entrances with more in the ring pre-fight analysis. I can recall Judah entering the ring then side shuffling around the ring while his stats are being discussed OR Pac on his knees in the ring in prayer prior to the fight starting. Just a thought.

Agree, I relly dont care for the entrances, I'd rather have a in-ring pre-fight detailed presentation
Old 12-26-2010, 09:56 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by game20ver
Missing this- Welcome Live to the MGM Grand in Las Vegas where Manny Pacquiao is set to defend his championship against SSM in a welterweight fight for the ages. Here's Manny/Shane as they arrived earlier this evening or a look at Shane/Manny in the dressing room. Now time for the tale of the tape Both fighters come in at 147.. Shane has a height and reach advantage.... Rules of the bout....Music hits...Lets go down to Michael Buffer..... Fighters enter (not everyone enters like Prince Naseem) ...Ladies and gentlemen LETS GET READY TO RUMBLE....In the blue corner the challenger SSM In the red corner the champion Manny Pac...now for final instructions...LETS GET IT ON! something like that?
this would be perfect.... but I guess perfect is too much to ask for?....

This right now looks similar to a street fighter game VS screen...then bamm fight!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2010, 01:35 AM   #22
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by morningstar777
That's terrible, and sad. I didn't know Sugar Shane was mexican. Pacquiao doesnt jump around when he comes into the ring, wtf.......they lost a customer, and I LOVE boxing......
yea when i saw Sugar Shane with the Mexican stuff i was like wtf???? Made no sense. IMO the entrances flat out suck. They aren't like real life and theyre basically the same thing we've had for years now. I dont wanna hear about budget because its not like itd cost them much to just do something different with the entrances. Show them walking down, belts being held if they have any and then show them in the ring. Not dancing around with lasers shooting off. Nobody does that in real life.

And they should just save the money from the music side and have us use our own music because the soundtrack is always a disappointment.
Old 12-27-2010, 09:46 AM   #23
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Seriously, Sugar Shane in Mexican attire. If it was EA that released this video, its just proof of their incompetence.....If its in the game.......Its messed up details like this that have me believing all the resources were put towards the Prizefighter II story mode.
Old 12-27-2010, 10:16 AM   #24
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Seriously, Sugar Shane in Mexican attire. If it was EA that released this video, its just proof of their incompetence.....If its in the game.......Its messed up details like this that have me believing all the resources were put towards the Prizefighter II story mode.

The reason Shane has on mexican attire is because he wore it in his last fight against Mora on Mexican Independence Day. He wore mexican gloves and shorts. If its anything like Fight Night 4, you can change the attire of official fighters so its not really a big deal.

With that said, I'm dissapointed in the entrance. I have no idea why they cant have bigger entourages, fighters actually stepping into the ring, belts held behind the champ.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »