Home

Fight Night Champion Quick Clip #2: Bareknuckle Fighting

This is a discussion on Fight Night Champion Quick Clip #2: Bareknuckle Fighting within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-02-2011, 12:35 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: Fight Night Champion Quick Clip #2: Bareknuckle Fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Po Pimp
I hate how punches STILL have no impact. This is a bare knuckle fight, yet they get hit with a hook, and it doesn't even phase them.
Exactly. The lack of power and sluggish movement ruins an otherwise great looking game. EA needs to learn how to create fluid, realistic movements in their sports titles.
Old 01-02-2011, 10:29 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 0

I can see why dedicated fight fans are not going to be happy. But I have to admit, the gameplay just works for me on a videogame level. This does look pretty much like FN 3.75, as the last game felt like FN 3.5.

There does not seem to be a new engine or even a new approach to the boxers' movement. I really don't know how well the games sell, but they usually get my money. But then, I rarely watch much boxing on TV.

There was a time during the 90's in which I watched a decent amount, and had a couple of friends that bought every pay-per-view as long as the rest of us brought beer and food. Those were some good times. But not good enough to draw me back when I moved.

I suspect I am like a lot of EA's customers, in that I like having a boxing game to pull out every now and then. for that, it does the trick. But I am not looking for a sim, at all.
Old 01-02-2011, 02:43 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 5
I watched the video on the OS home page, then decided I'd actually open the link so I could see if anyone else noticed nobody reacting when getting hit flush by bare knuckle punches. I honestly don't know how this team gets their information. I know some companies bring in pro basketball/football/hockey players for advice. But with Fight Night it just seems as though they do their own thing and hope they get it right. Instead of actually getting all the information and technical aspects of boxing from either a highly respected trainer, or long tenured professional boxer. I know a lot of people don't like Freddie Roach, but in this situation he wouldn't be afraid to tell them that it doesn't look right at all, he speaks his mind. That's the type of person they need. If this was a flyweight hitting a heavyweight while wearing 16oz boxing gloves, I could understand. But it's two big dudes hitting each other in the face very hard with gauze on their hands, and somehow not reacting to it.

Very, very disappointing EA. I really hope this changes before the game is release, but I know better.
Old 01-02-2011, 03:00 PM   #20
Pro

acarrero's Arena

OVR: 10
I saw it again after reading the complaints here. Let's not exaggerate - the fighters definitely flinch when they get hit with a good shot. Seems more noticeable with body shots; they whince and slow down. The FN engine is a good one. It is younger than the Madden engine, and in many ways superior. It still has a ways to go before being a true sim, but it gets the job done. FNC is looking like a step up from FN4, most anticipated sports game of 2011.
Old 01-02-2011, 04:37 PM   #21
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

I hope the bobbing and weaving has changed from the left stick gestures and has changed completely.

punching looks much better than rd.4...but could still be tweaked significantly.

If there is a counter window I will not buy the game period.

I think the barenuckle stuff looks cool. It would be cool to start a prison franchise imo. It's like an alternative mode or like in other sports games where you create a league with all fake teams.

I'd call it diggstown or something like that lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2011, 06:14 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Face it, we won't know a lot until we play the game against the CPU or a human opponent.

I'll change my stance a little after watching the video a few more times. It seems like slipping punches might be easier and combining that with the slower punch speed we might have more realistic punch connect percentages. Throw in some improved stamina and who knows?
Old 01-02-2011, 06:21 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acarrero
I saw it again after reading the complaints here. Let's not exaggerate - the fighters definitely flinch when they get hit with a good shot. Seems more noticeable with body shots; they whince and slow down. The FN engine is a good one. It is younger than the Madden engine, and in many ways superior. It still has a ways to go before being a true sim, but it gets the job done. FNC is looking like a step up from FN4, most anticipated sports game of 2011.
I'm with you aca. Absolutely loved Rn4 and I cant wait to get my hands on this one.
Old 01-02-2011, 06:56 PM   #24

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by acarrero
I have to disagree. The fighters flinch and move more when hit with a head-butt. Bishop connects with an uppercut that should at least make the guy move back some. That's where I question things. Ok, the head-butt is in there but why make it so it has more animation effect than the punch?

I enjoyed FN4..don't get me wrong, and I actually like the direction they are taking the game. Also, this looks like it's a tutorial to learn the game, not an actual mode. I'll enjoy Champion, but I do wish they did some things differently.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »