Home

Fight Night Champion Quick Clip #2: Bareknuckle Fighting

This is a discussion on Fight Night Champion Quick Clip #2: Bareknuckle Fighting within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-02-2011, 07:11 PM   #25
True.

Chef Matt's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Fight Night Champion Quick Clip #2: Bareknuckle Fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawker
I can see why dedicated fight fans are not going to be happy. But I have to admit, the gameplay just works for me on a videogame level. This does look pretty much like FN 3.75, as the last game felt like FN 3.5.

There does not seem to be a new engine or even a new approach to the boxers' movement. I really don't know how well the games sell, but they usually get my money. But then, I rarely watch much boxing on TV.

There was a time during the 90's in which I watched a decent amount, and had a couple of friends that bought every pay-per-view as long as the rest of us brought beer and food. Those were some good times. But not good enough to draw me back when I moved.

I suspect I am like a lot of EA's customers, in that I like having a boxing game to pull out every now and then. for that, it does the trick. But I am not looking for a sim, at all.
I'm exactly the same. Not looking for Sim, but like to have the lastest boxing game available to pull out a few hours before the big fight on PPV. We still get together for the big fights, it just seems like there aren't as many good ones as there used to be.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2011, 08:22 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreep
I'm with you aca. Absolutely loved Rn4 and I cant wait to get my hands on this one.
You're easily pleased Creep-we need a big improvement over Round 4.
Old 01-02-2011, 08:23 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefdad
I'm exactly the same. Not looking for Sim, but like to have the lastest boxing game available to pull out a few hours before the big fight on PPV. We still get together for the big fights, it just seems like there aren't as many good ones as there used to be.
Seems like the type of laid back throw anything out there attitude that EA loves.
Old 01-02-2011, 08:28 PM   #28
True.

Chef Matt's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
Seems like the type of laid back throw anything out there attitude that EA loves.
I know it's sad. I do want an upgrade don't get me wrong and of course realistic movement and punch effects would be welcomed. But I care more about getting rid of things like counter windows and haymakers. Either way though I'll have it day one.

Madden on the other hand I haven't bought in 5 years....but there's a forum for that....
Old 01-02-2011, 09:22 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefdad
I know it's sad. I do want an upgrade don't get me wrong and of course realistic movement and punch effects would be welcomed. But I care more about getting rid of things like counter windows and haymakers. Either way though I'll have it day one.
I hear ya'. The absence of counter windows and haymakers is a big plus.
Old 01-02-2011, 10:29 PM   #30
Pro

humaca80's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
I hear ya'. The absence of counter windows and haymakers is a big plus.

IMO this looks like no improvement at all....
Old 01-03-2011, 08:39 AM   #31
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

Apparently their is a movie called Fight Night I didn't watch it last night, but I believe this is where the story mode is taken from reading the previews for the movie.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2011, 10:57 AM   #32
MVP

Vast's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawker
I can see why dedicated fight fans are not going to be happy. But I have to admit, the gameplay just works for me on a videogame level. This does look pretty much like FN 3.75, as the last game felt like FN 3.5.

There does not seem to be a new engine or even a new approach to the boxers' movement. I really don't know how well the games sell, but they usually get my money. But then, I rarely watch much boxing on TV.

There was a time during the 90's in which I watched a decent amount, and had a couple of friends that bought every pay-per-view as long as the rest of us brought beer and food. Those were some good times. But not good enough to draw me back when I moved.

I suspect I am like a lot of EA's customers, in that I like having a boxing game to pull out every now and then. for that, it does the trick. But I am not looking for a sim, at all.
then whats the point of buying a new game? Do you have 60$ burning a whole in your pocket, and can't figure anything else to spend it on??

You dont want a sim. cool, then go buy ready to rumble boxing, or facebreaker, or fight night 1-4. All we have are arcade boxing games.. All of them! none of them are sim.
Can we get some love for once!?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »