Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12 to Feature Augusta National, Release Date Set For March 29th

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12 to Feature Augusta National, Release Date Set For March 29th within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2011, 10:30 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12 to Feature Augusta National, Release Date Set For March 29th

It looks like the rumors of Augusta National making its way into Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12 (Thanks OnlookerDelay), are true.

According to ESPN, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12 will feature Augusta National.

Quote:
"Golfers longing to play Augusta National will get their opportunity this spring -- through a EA Sports video game.

Officials at the storied Georgia golf course, home to the annual Masters Tournament, announced Tuesday that Augusta National is joining forces with EA Sports to be part of its 2012 installment of the Tiger Woods PGA Tour golf game franchise."

Check out the official Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12 website, right here.
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2011, 11:02 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
I'm confused though, some outlets are noting that it will be available March 29th, is this some crazy early release for Tiger 12 or a DLC course, then inclusion on disc next year??
Old 01-04-2011, 11:16 AM   #3
I'm Ron F'n Swanson!

fishepa's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12 to Feature Augusta National, Release Date Set For March 2

Excellent, now maybe if they made some enhancements to the actual gameplay it would be even better.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:24 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2
im with fishepa.

The gameplay needs to be better and i hope they spend some time with the PS Move, i dont see how it would take alot of time to make that work good.
Old 01-04-2011, 01:48 PM   #5
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12 to Feature Augusta National, Release Date Set For March 2

Nice to see confirmation on this so quickly... I think this is a major coup for EA Sports! The timing couldn't have been better; Augusta National will bring a lot of new gamers to the series and should bring back many who've lost interest. I saw some other feature items that have been requested for years:

Fully interactive caddies
A more complete, Amateur to Tour Card career mode
The announce team of Jim Nance and David Feherty
New broadcast presentation

I think having the caddy along will help with the ambience of "being there" more than anything else. I think one of the weaknesses of this game over the years, particularly in the career mode, is the feeling that you are playing in a vacuum. I'm hoping they will carry this caddy idea a bit further and also let you play your career rounds with other licensed pros, or even created players if desired.

Nance and Feherty will do wonders for this game. I like Kelly Tilghman as an anchor and Van Pelt as a host, but neither of them works for me as a golf announce team.

As an XBox 360 owner, one thing that is already sending up an alarm flag for me is a lack of the mention of Kinect support. On their first person views in the images section of the official site, they emphasize "Sony PLaystation Move" on each. Furthermore, the trademark "Kinect support" banner isn't present on the 360's box cover (the front top on all the other Kinect titles I've seen).

Knowing that EA Sports will be offering a first person view with the Move
this year, I'll be forced to take the PS3 plunge if there's no Kinect support for the 360 version. With GT5 now on the market, this won't be as hard a purchase to make, particularly if EA Sports gets the Move to be fully 1:1 for every shot type in Tiger 12.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2011, 02:50 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonfb
im with fishepa.

The gameplay needs to be better and i hope they spend some time with the PS Move, i dont see how it would take alot of time to make that work good.
The gameplay in TW11 with the Move is outstanding....while not perfect, it is pretty darn good for a patch. I expect the few warts with the TW11 implementation of the Move will be addressed with TW12 as one of the very best TW console players is now on the Dev Team at EA and his impact has already been seen with many aspects of TW11 and he will be helping EA fine tune TW12 to improve the game in ALL areas....
Old 01-04-2011, 08:03 PM   #7
Pro

goalie's Arena

OVR: 29

i really never thought augusta would allow this... it's great news for us!
Old 01-07-2011, 11:39 AM   #8
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalie
i really never thought augusta would allow this... it's great news for us!
I especially thought this with what's happened with Tiger last year. But, I read that this deal had been in the works between Augusta and EA since before Tiger's issues came up/out.

Great addition! Like the idea of the caddies as well. Would sure love to see a complete course list for 360.

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »