Home

Fight Night Champion Trailer: Losing Everything

This is a discussion on Fight Night Champion Trailer: Losing Everything within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-06-2011, 09:35 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 6
Honestly, can we get some real training and diet management aspects of boxing.

Maybe we could make our own championship mode, where you take your created fighter through a career.

We could call it career mode or something. You could take a young boxer and develop him or her into a champion..

Hmmm, now that sounds fun...
Old 01-06-2011, 11:25 AM   #18
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Fight Night Champion Trailer: Losing Everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjsmitty34
Honestly, can we get some real training and diet management aspects of boxing.
I spoke to the developers about that during my time 2 years ago and Brizzo told me he was against it. His reasoning was, "I hate dieting or watching my diet in real life, why would I want to do that in a video game".

I understand his line of thinking but there are millions of people out there who hate farming that play that ridiculous Farmville every day.
My wife begged me to build her some nice flower beds so I dragged 10 super-heavy rairload ties, dug them into the ground and then filled up the back section of my lawn with dirt so she could have her precious gardens. And for what? It looks like Vietnam in my freaking backyard. Yet there's my wife, who can't be bothered to pull a weed to save her live, spending hundreds of hours fake planting and harvesting on our Mac.

There are ways to make weight management fun. And if someone doesn't like that aspect, then do like VB2 and give the user a CPU controlled doctor who does it for you.

Having control over your weight, along with including all the weight classes, would bring an immense amount of depth to the game.
Imagine having to fight with your weight as you get older? Or having a rival duck you by moving up in weight?
Do you venture northward knowing your speed and power would not translate as well in order to get a title-shot?
Would you try to cut your weight in order to avoid a monster in your own division?
Or just to attempt the challenge of gaining multiple belts as you mow down champions from featherweight to welterweight.

The possibilities are endless and I believe EA shouldn't wave the thought entirely.
Besides, some people love the school builder features that NCAA has. People will spend dozens of hours designing their uniforms or stadium. Who's to say other people won't get a kick out of managing their fighters diet and fitness with the same amount of gusto?
Old 01-06-2011, 02:08 PM   #19
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
I spoke to the developers about that during my time 2 years ago and Brizzo told me he was against it. His reasoning was, "I hate dieting or watching my diet in real life, why would I want to do that in a video game".

I understand his line of thinking but there are millions of people out there who hate farming that play that ridiculous Farmville every day.
My wife begged me to build her some nice flower beds so I dragged 10 super-heavy rairload ties, dug them into the ground and then filled up the back section of my lawn with dirt so she could have her precious gardens. And for what? It looks like Vietnam in my freaking backyard. Yet there's my wife, who can't be bothered to pull a weed to save her live, spending hundreds of hours fake planting and harvesting on our Mac.

There are ways to make weight management fun. And if someone doesn't like that aspect, then do like VB2 and give the user a CPU controlled doctor who does it for you.

Having control over your weight, along with including all the weight classes, would bring an immense amount of depth to the game.
Imagine having to fight with your weight as you get older? Or having a rival duck you by moving up in weight?
Do you venture northward knowing your speed and power would not translate as well in order to get a title-shot?
Would you try to cut your weight in order to avoid a monster in your own division?
Or just to attempt the challenge of gaining multiple belts as you mow down champions from featherweight to welterweight.

The possibilities are endless and I believe EA shouldn't wave the thought entirely.
Besides, some people love the school builder features that NCAA has. People will spend dozens of hours designing their uniforms or stadium. Who's to say other people won't get a kick out of managing their fighters diet and fitness with the same amount of gusto?

Exactly, lame excuse man...

Even if you let the trainer automatically take care of your diet, money should play a role in hiring better personal...
Old 01-06-2011, 04:13 PM   #20
MVP

Vast's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99

Having control over your weight, along with including all the weight classes, would bring an immense amount of depth to the game.Imagine having to fight with your weight as you get older? Or having a rival duck you by moving up in weight?

Great, great post Money! Brizzo's stance on dieting is very lame and close minded. Sure in our everyday life we don't want to worry about dieting and watching our weight, but for Professional Boxers it's one of the most important aspects of the job.

I'm not a game developer so i haven't sat down and tried to figure this out, but it wouldn't take me longer than a week to come up with a fun way to incorporate dieting into the game.
for example maybe have sliders for protein, water, carbs. reduce a slider to lose weight in a certain category x's the amount of days = a certain amount of weight loss or watever.(this is just off the top of my head).
Reduce the water slider to lose water weight while keeping muscle and fat etc. Or hire a doctor to do it for you like Money said.

Be as authentic to the sport as you can. Period. No excuses.

There is absolutely no excuse at this point for not having trainers in the game. A trainer who specializes on defens, a trainer who specializes in head movement and body combos etc.

It's ignorant to say or think, "I don't like doing this in real life, why would i want to do it in a videogame?"
Will Wright is damn near a billioinaire because he didn't think the way Brizzo does. SimCity and The Sims say Hello.

Last edited by Vast; 01-06-2011 at 04:19 PM.
Old 01-06-2011, 04:21 PM   #21
Rookie

supafly03's Arena

OVR: 2

That video sure looks nice.

Can't wait for the Demo and March 1st, when the game will come out.
New Jersey Devils
Philadelphia Eagles
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »