Home

MLB 2K11 Screenshots (Some in Hi-Res)

This is a discussion on MLB 2K11 Screenshots (Some in Hi-Res) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-06-2011, 10:38 PM   #17
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: MLB 2K11 Screenshots (Some in Hi-Res)

Unimpressed with the screens. Textures on uniforms and equipment still seem to be an issue there, but to be honest they're about what I'd expect. Not too concerned with the visuals personally though (and they're not bad...just underwhelming)...the game could look like a PS2/XBOX game for all I care if they can finally get a handle on the gameplay and AI.

Plus, I thought 2K10 looked better on my PC than any pics I saw, it was just animations that killed it. If they have smoothed out the animations, the visuals might just "pop" a bit more than they do in these pics.
Old 01-06-2011, 10:43 PM   #18
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
Unimpressed with the screens. Textures on uniforms and equipment still seem to be an issue there, but to be honest they're about what I'd expect. Not too concerned with the visuals personally though (and they're not bad...just underwhelming)...the game could look like a PS2/XBOX game for all I care if they can finally get a handle on the gameplay and AI.

Plus, I thought 2K10 looked better on my PC than any pics I saw, it was just animations that killed it. If they have smoothed out the animations, the visuals might just "pop" a bit more than they do in these pics.
Agreed. The animations are what I hope they focused on this year. So far, they do look pretty good in the trailer.

And I'm still keeping my fingers crossed about the gameplay and AI too.
Old 01-06-2011, 10:47 PM   #19
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
Agreed. The animations are what I hope they focused on this year. So far, they do look pretty good in the trailer.
Yup...just saw the trailer (posted in here before I saw that). I'm a little more hopeful that finally some progress was made there. Looking forward to gameplay videos in the coming weeks.
Old 01-06-2011, 10:54 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Yup...just saw the trailer (posted in here before I saw that). I'm a little more hopeful that finally some progress was made there. Looking forward to gameplay videos in the coming weeks.
exactly, I'm not seeing all the complaints. This game looks a lot better and smoother. Just gotta hear about game play now.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:00 PM   #21
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777

And I'm still keeping my fingers crossed about the gameplay and AI too.
Quote:
I am just going to keep an open mind, because even last year, the trailer in the same style presentation, showed what seemed to be "improved" animations, and it did not translate in the game when we had our hands on it. And I still remember all the complaints that ensued right after.

Last years:

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2011, 11:15 PM   #22
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
I am just going to keep an open mind, because even last year, the trailer in the same style presentation, showed what seemed to be "improved" animations, and it did not translate in the game when we had our hands on it. And I still remember all the complaints that ensued right after.
Well, there were animation improvements in 2K10...it was clear if you compared it to 2K9. There just weren't enough because the game's been behind the eight ball in that area for awhile.

As far as 2K10 to 2K11 goes, it's too early to tell the degree, but for example, as soon as the 2K10 one speeds up, you see a lot of the same goofy stuff that has plagued this series (choppy running, stutters/hitches, etc). I feel like the animations in the 2K11 trailer just seemed more fluid than this one at regular speed.

Like I said though, looking forward to gameplay videos. Actual gameplay will tell a better story regardless. We'll see.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:28 PM   #23
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

Agreed. A trailer will always hand select the most pristine moments, last years case in point.

Soon, another couple weeks and a flood should happen.

Last edited by EnigmaNemesis; 01-07-2011 at 12:04 AM.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:59 PM   #24
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Alright here we go again. Do not bring up the Show here. If you want to compare the games do it in the "Baseball Other" thread. There will be no mention of things such as; if you have a PS3 then who cars about this game, or anything of the like.

I also understand the frustration some of you have with this franchise. You may voice this frustration but do so constructively. Any shots at the game, or devs will result in a ban.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »