Home

Fight Night Champion Trailer: Authentic Brutality

This is a discussion on Fight Night Champion Trailer: Authentic Brutality within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-09-2011, 11:04 AM   #17
MVP

myownsun's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Fight Night Champion Trailer: Authentic Brutality

That hook delivered by mike was nasty.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:01 AM   #18
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreep
I'm really not feeling them pushing this bloody battle thing. Am I the only one who doesn't give a **** about more blood. It just seems lame.

However, look at the 22 second mark. I did notice the 1, 2 quick combos which FN4 did NOT have.

Still looking forward to the game of course, but there's really no need to market the bloody angle. At least not in my opinion. Its still getting purchased day 1 by most people I'm sure.

Oh, and I hope they have a slider for that ****, because the way they're throwing it out there is making me think its going to be overkill with the bloody battles. Hope I can turn it off or turn it down please.
A side note on that creep. When we went in for one of the discussions they asked us our first thought when they showed the words authentic brutality and we all said pretty much together "brutality" should not be used. Sounds like a damn mortal combat game title.

We also said we wanted to see the bloody battle much less. We were told "We have it turned way up for the community day, but plan on working it down to a realistic amount by release time".

I truly think we will see it higher than we all would like. Because it is EA style to slightly push the bar between realism and "fun".
Old 01-10-2011, 09:11 AM   #19
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
i wouldnt call it authentic brutality, looks more exaggerated to me.
Definitely exaggerated. I just meant that it looked good as far as brutality goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
We also said we wanted to see the bloody battle much less. We were told "We have it turned way up for the community day, but plan on working it down to a realistic amount by release time".
I'm wondering why they would boost it for community day. If they want to show you all that, I can't imagine what they'd want to show the masses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
I truly think we will see it higher than we all would like. Because it is EA style to slightly push the bar between realism and "fun".
Exactly, and I'm not looking forward to it at all. With the lack of footwork, I'm already barely interested. Everything else would have to be damn near perfect.
Old 01-10-2011, 12:26 PM   #20
MVP

Eman5805's Arena

OVR: 15

I'm starting to get a lil' worried that most of the things they're featuring are pretty cosmetic. I mean, sure more damage is fun and all...but I want something more gameplay feature, I mean, Total Punch Control was kinda glossed over and we've only seen one gameplay vid, and that was bareknuckle fighting.
Old 01-10-2011, 03:19 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by acarrero
Why is Cotto getting pummeled by Guerrero? Please...
Hahahaha, I was thinking the SAME EXACT thing. Cotto is at least three weight classes above Guerrero. And Guerrero really isn't a puncher either. You'd think in a clip named "AUTHENTIC brutality" they'd at least be authentic. The blood does look great though. I'm starting to get disappointed with every video though. All the same brutal slow slugfests...boxing is the sweet science.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2011, 01:45 AM   #22
MVP

boritter's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreep

Oh, and I hope they have a slider for that ****, because the way they're throwing it out there is making me think its going to be overkill with the bloody battles. Hope I can turn it off or turn it down please.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarcguy
Yeah I don't want to see blood from round 2 on or in every fight. Just doesn't happen that way.
Exactly how I feel. I thought it was too easy to cut the CPU in FN4. I hope that the desire to show new blood/gore effects do not outweigh realism.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »