Home

MLB 11 The Show Video: Home Run Derby with Move Support

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show Video: Home Run Derby with Move Support within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-14-2011, 02:46 PM   #25
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55
Blzer, the argument is Sony ultimately pays the bills, and if they want Move in the flagship baseball game, Move is going in. Jack Tretton was adamant about this in his speeches.

I think they chose a great way to implement it without messing with the core game however.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2011, 03:05 PM   #26
MVP

jpup's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: MLB 11 The Show Video: Home Run Derby with Move Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
Blzer, the argument is Sony ultimately pays the bills, and if they want Move in the flagship baseball game, Move is going in. Jack Tretton was adamant about this in his speeches.

I think they chose a great way to implement it without messing with the core game however.
It would be even better if you could actually play a game or RTTS with it. I don't really like how they don't have the actually guy on the screen. Like someone else said, make it first person if you are going to do that.

I love the Move and I love the Show. I just think only playing HRD with it will get old quick.
Old 01-14-2011, 03:22 PM   #27
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis

Oh I know, I'm just saying I hope this means they want HRD to be more important than they initially intended last year when they pretty much ported the mode over from the PS2 version (with the new camera). I hope it gets more care because it has an integral piece that was included into this year's game, something which people will utilize just because they have the accessory.

All I meant was I find it funny that this mode suddenly needs more looking after, despite their previous intentions with it. I see it as a good thing, especially since I like HRD so much.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 01-14-2011, 03:36 PM   #28
MVP

Shakedowncapo's Arena

OVR: 18

Invisible player is probably for the best. You want it to be you batting anyway and there was probably animation and clipping problems galore with their models on screen. I'm not sure it would be pretty if I decided to bat like Juan Gonzalez
Old 01-14-2011, 03:39 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo
Invisible player is probably for the best. You want it to be you batting anyway and there was probably animation and clipping problems galore with their models on screen. I'm not sure it would be pretty if I decided to bat like Juan Gonzalez
Yes, true, but I'd either prefer a first-person type view or a dummy player standing there.

Floating bat is weird.
Old 01-14-2011, 03:42 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 3

Man, i hope this will be fun. I don't have move, but if the derby gets good reviews relative to its use of the move functionality, i will defin consider buying it.
Old 01-14-2011, 03:50 PM   #31
MVP

Shakedowncapo's Arena

OVR: 18

Next year, they should try for the PS-Eye being able to snap a picture before it starts.

A. Snapping two pictures of:
1. Body position
2. Arm position

Then instead of a player model, just use a silhoutte and gradually build from there if they continue it in later versions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2011, 05:26 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo
Next year, they should try for the PS-Eye being able to snap a picture before it starts.

A. Snapping two pictures of:
1. Body position
2. Arm position

Then instead of a player model, just use a silhoutte and gradually build from there if they continue it in later versions.
Also, I am pretty sure that in some MOVE games that they actually project your body on to the screen, like as if you are in the game. Would be nice if they just showed the person with the controller on the screen, and the controller was replaced by the baseball bat. Only problem is you would have to stand like 8-10 feet away from the camera to get your whole body in frame though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »