Home

MLB 2K11 Developer Insight #1 - Marketing Looks Back at MLB 2K10

This is a discussion on MLB 2K11 Developer Insight #1 - Marketing Looks Back at MLB 2K10 within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-14-2011, 02:59 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 13
Re: MLB 2K11 Developer Insight #1 - Marketing Looks Back at MLB 2K10

This game has got to stop highlighting the good about the past (what little of it there was) and start delivering the goods for 2K11. We need major WOW factor. C'mon 2K, BLOW US AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BigBlue
Old 01-14-2011, 03:06 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 36

I wasn't expecting this for the first insight.

FLY EAGLES FLY

Old 01-14-2011, 03:11 PM   #11
MVP

Shakedowncapo's Arena

OVR: 18

This is setting up to be a tremendous year for 2K baseball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2011, 03:12 PM   #12
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46
What the........ You're better than this 2k.
Old 01-14-2011, 03:20 PM   #13
Rookie

GrandMaster B's Arena

OVR: 15
Pretty weak 2K...pretty weak
Old 01-14-2011, 03:32 PM   #14
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

2K, you've really got to step your game up. I know there's a lot of guys like myself that have been playing videogames for a long, long time and we want to see you succeed, but you've got to give us more -- a lot more -- than this.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 01-14-2011, 03:37 PM   #15

OVR: 34

They gave someone ONE MILLION DOLLARS! Does that not resonate some type of positive vibe among gamers?!? And they're doing it for a second year in a row! We know from not just MLB 2K, but also with NBA 2K, the Developer Insights are a strength with pre-release material. Why not make the first one a quick look back at what no other sports game has done before?

What in the hell have we become that we can't even appreciate things for what they are and not moan and groan our way around every single bit of information that these developers release? And I can't help but laugh at how so many talk about how wonderful NBA 2K is and how 2K has merely written MLB 2K off because "it's just not worth it." Do you not think 2K Sports, like they have with their more popular titles, has a deep concern about the quality of product they put out? Or, do you think there is this odd bi-polar disorder that kicks in when MLB Dev time kicks in?

There's a guy 1 million dollars richer and they'll be another this year. Being a part of that was probably very exciting. Being able to give that guy that much money and see him receive it was probably a highlight. Why not take a look back real quick before going deep into the insights?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2011, 03:46 PM   #16
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
There's a guy 1 million dollars richer and they'll be another this year. Being a part of that was probably very exciting. Being able to give that guy that much money and see him receive it was probably a highlight. Why not take a look back real quick before going deep into the insights?
I don't mind that, I'm just saying that Ronnie tweeted there would be more info this week. This shouldn't qualify as info, if this actually is what he was referring to.

Besides, it's all about questioning their schedule. They could have done this months ago, for all we are concerned. They do not want to lose customers at the helm for "showing lack of concern" for the customers. I understand the Internet crowd is a small bit of moving sales, but the important thing is tiding people over for all that I know. Having that feeling that this community is involved with the game even just a little bit really woos us in the end. For the past three years I haven't come close to getting that vibe from 2K or Ronnie. That's what I think most people are getting out of this Developer Insight.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »