Home

EA Sports NHL: 20th Anniversary Video Chapter 5 - NHL 11 And Beyond

This is a discussion on EA Sports NHL: 20th Anniversary Video Chapter 5 - NHL 11 And Beyond within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-14-2011, 03:00 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
EA Sports NHL: 20th Anniversary Video Chapter 5 - NHL 11 And Beyond

In the final chapter of the 20th Anniversary Videos series EA Sports looks at NHL 11 and possibilities of where the game will be going in the future.

What would you like to see in NHL 12 and beyond?

Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2011, 04:09 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: EA Sports NHL: 20th Anniversary Video Chapter 5 - NHL 11 And Beyond

HUT is not the type of dynasty mode the community is asking for !!! Is EA trying to convince us or themselves?

1. Customizable season length in BeAGM mode. 20/42/82

2. Online BeAGM with customizable season length and all of the options that are available in offline BeAGM like salary cap, free agents, RFA’s, trading etc… Add in a nice web based interface.

3. Ability to have an online Co-op franchise with a max of 6 friends at one time on the same team.

4. Battle for the cup, Playoff and Tournament modes should be available as online Multi player modes.(we should have had it this year!).

5. Ability to use our own slider settings online. ( in the above requested online modes and quick games).

6. Option to have Private HUT leagues. ( here is a tip for you EA… Global=Cheesers, Private=Friends). Also option to play friends in a quick match with our PHL team.

7. Better differentiation in players. I know there is a slider but I can’t use my sliders online.

8. Option to turn off 1st person fighting.

9. All the other various AI and Gameplay fixes that the other guys are sure to post here.
Thanks.... again.

Last edited by TDKing; 01-14-2011 at 06:15 PM.
Old 01-14-2011, 04:20 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

I enjoy HUT, but you are right: it is no replacement for a true online dynasty mode.
Old 01-14-2011, 05:00 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
I enjoy HUT, but you are right: it is no replacement for a true online dynasty mode.
I like the idea behind HUT but only if we could have the option of private leagues. I hate playing randoms. I also like it as its own mode not as a replacement for a true online franchise/BaGM/Dynasty mode.
Old 01-14-2011, 05:12 PM   #5
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61
Twenty years. Great. I've been along for the ride.

(except those few years they made dynasty mode single player with only one team)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2011, 05:44 PM   #6
Banned

bill2451's Arena

OVR: 16
ok, let me first say that I've loved the NHL series since 08...

that said, ugh, how about for people that want to be a GM online you give us Be a GM mode ONLINE!!! The idea that HUT is the online GM mode we've all been waiting for is crazy.

As for "real time physics"... it annoys me to no end that thats what they call the system they have in place. Anyone who's played Backbreaker knows that what the NHL series does, while better than the old checking system, is so far from real time physics its not even funny. It's a crime to call it physics, and while I can't wait for those "somewhat dynamic interactions" (as I call them) to be spread throughout the rest of the game (particularly goalies), I sincerely hope that they continue to try to improve them in the areas where they are already implimented (like checking). Because as it is now, while better than before, is underwhelming.
Old 01-14-2011, 05:52 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Yeah the hitting is the only aspect of the current physics engine that feels somewhat realistic.

The turn-on-a-dime speed skating is still very arcadey, and the stick work is entirely made of preset animations.

I hope next year the focus is on making stick lifts, poke checks, and tie-ups contextual instead of just pre-set animations like they are now.

Defense needs an overhaul the most. If you watch how defense is played in hockey, 90% of it is positioning and stick work, not the rampant body checking seen in NHL 11.

Last edited by jyoung; 01-14-2011 at 05:54 PM.
Old 01-14-2011, 05:59 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0
-Customation of Camera Views
-BROADCAST CAMERA similiar to NHL 2K
-Signature player models simliar to NBA 2k
-Winter Classic-Being able to play any teams especially from past and present venures.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »