Home

Fight Night Champion Blog: Managing Your Stamina

This is a discussion on Fight Night Champion Blog: Managing Your Stamina within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-14-2011, 10:13 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: Fight Night Champion Blog: Managing Your Stamina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vast
The commentary in this game is still terrible.

It looks like the perfect stamina Phobia was talking about is gone.
Vast is correct to a degree guys. It does look more punch happy than the build we played. If you threw even half the amount showing in the first 35 secs your temporary stamina would of been completely gassed.

With that said, I knew they would tweak this. Now I am not so much worried about the temporary stamina, because guys should be able to throw a decent amount of punches before spent. It is the permanent stamina I was worried would be tweaked to the point of it not being a factor. This does not seem to be the case thankfully.

As you can see in this picture, it is only the 5th round and compare the difference in perm stamina between Hagler & Wright. You can clearly see Hagler punched himself out really early looking for the early KO. Hagler would never be able to go another 5 rounds in this condition. This is really positive to see.

In this picture you can clearly see Hagler and Wright stayed at a much closer pace. It is now the 10th Round and Hagler is in a similar condition to what he was in the 5th round of the first fight. It is really good to see that Perm stamina has such varying degrees of stamina loss depending on your punch output, body damage, and hidden stamina ratings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreep
What do you mean perfect stamina is gone? Looks great to me, cant wait. FightNight just might not be the game for you man, just dont think about it anymore and pass on the purchase. I already suggested maybe hajime no ippo is the game you're looking for.
I kind of feel the same way Vast. Since the beginning you have been gun ho against Fight Night. It still does not seem to meet your standards and stepping back and finding a different product to meet your needs looks and sounds like the better option.
Old 01-14-2011, 11:11 AM   #10
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

i'm more concerned about how the cpu uses the stamina, the big puches thrown and blocking. I would like to see the animation where the boxers shake his arms to show they are getting tight or gassed.
Old 01-14-2011, 04:41 PM   #11
MVP

Vast's Arena

OVR: 18

I love boxing. I've been waiting close to 20 years for a great boxing game. I'm just telling it like it is. I will buy this game because i have no other choice.

When i buy it and like it, i will praise it. Until i get my hands on the game I can't exactly say whats great about it.

I can easily see tho what the game seems to be lacking at its default setting.

That clip #3 is supposed to show how great the new stamina system is; but Hagler threw 43 punches in 48 seconds and still had FULL stamina. I know it was only round 2 but c'mon. Most boxers average that many punches for a whole round. Dude did that within the first few seconds and was no where near tired.

The way Phobia described the Stamina, it sounded perfect.

I'm well aware of how this is a business and EA is a corporation. It doesn't mean i have to like it.

Last edited by Vast; 01-14-2011 at 05:07 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2011, 04:56 PM   #12
MVP

Vast's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
I kind of feel the same way Vast. Since the beginning you have been gun ho against Fight Night. It still does not seem to meet your standards and stepping back and finding a different product to meet your needs looks and sounds like the better option.
And what product could that possibly be?

I want Fight Night to succeed. Its the only boxing game.
Old 01-14-2011, 05:16 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vast
That clip #3 is supposed to show how great the new stamina system is; but Hagler threw 43 punches in 50 seconds and still had FULL stamina. I know it was only round 2 but c'mon. Most boxers average that many punches for a whole round. Dude did that within the first few seconds and was no where near tired.
Not enough data Vast. It was Marvin Hagler and it was the second round.

For the record I know you're not trying to diss the game just to diss the game. You obviously have concerns.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:42 PM   #14
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

Ive been posting most of my impressions over on the EA board.....heres what Im thinking so far

Obviously I'll need to test the demo for myself and Im only going off the vids we got last night...............

but there needs to be some major consequences for street brawling like that.........and I mean major
Not even 3-5 rounds down the line

If you go in there and just wing it, people should fully expect to have their health and stamina cut in half within a round if not knocked out

Being able to get away with 5-6 spams to the body with a jab should be deemed "Extremely Lucky" on most accounts

People need to fear punches otherwise we'll see the rock em sock em "video gamey" version of boxing yet again

People Need to know that, ^^that^^ can happen to them very easily.......as one my favs....Pascal demonstrates....Dude got too cocky and got blasted

I stress this point because a lot of stuff falls from just that alone.....and we'll get an infinitely better game then what we had in FNR4...

Other things that were a disappointment

Recycled Knockdown/get up animations
Dark lighting
Arcade zooming and Flashing
Punch Sounds....oh god the awful punch sounds(Sounds like someone slamming their car door shut)

Silly Repetitive KD Celebration Gliding animation

Silly Repetitive Arms Flailing Stun State animation

Yes those vids were disappointing, mainly for my online hopes....because there just doesn't appear to be the threat of instant peril by opening up......people should be scared as he** to exchange like that

I still do have hope....providing the CAB has improved enough.....Im going to have a great time with my offline play after I make some custom sliders

Hopefully more vids and playing the demo will restore my faith that Online won't turn into the exploit/glitch fest that was FNR4

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Last edited by SteelerSpartan; 01-14-2011 at 06:48 PM.
Old 01-14-2011, 07:11 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan
If you go in there and just wing it, people should fully expect to have their health and stamina cut in half within a round if not knocked out.
How many punches you figure you have to throw in one round to have your stamina cut in half?

Obvious statement but we are not going to know enough about stamina until we actually play this game, particularly against a human opponent. I wonder if there is a risk of a stamina over drain?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2011, 07:38 PM   #16
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

Guys just standing toe to toe swinging at each other. Nothing has changed.

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »