Home

MLB 2K11 Game Features (360, PS3, Wii, PS2, PSP, DS, PC)

This is a discussion on MLB 2K11 Game Features (360, PS3, Wii, PS2, PSP, DS, PC) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-19-2011, 10:02 PM   #17
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: MLB 2k11 Features List

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I agree. It is a positive and I'm also assuming it would have an option to be used or not.

I know a lot of you guys are big baseball guys but as active Show supporters and community day members, comments in the 2K forum that focus on the negative come across as trolling imo.
That's a big stretch bro.
I never come in here and say ANYTHING.
Someone is trolling right now and I GUARANTEE it ain't me.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 01-19-2011, 10:05 PM   #18
Rookie

Woodcutta's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I agree. It is a positive and I'm also assuming it would have an option to be used or not.

I know a lot of you guys are big baseball guys but as active Show supporters and community day members, comments in the 2K forum that focus on the negative come across as trolling imo.
Focus on the negative? People who have bought this game year after year hoping the game actually improves and lives up to what 2k has promised have EVERY right to focus on the negative. The franchise mode alone has been unplayable for years. The game that is released is basically a beta version and isn't anywhere near the final version until two, three, or more patches. I'm a 2k fan and really, really hope this game will be an improvement on last year's game. That being said, what information has been released that would give any hint that will be the case? Absolutely nothing. Again, I am looking forward to future info releases but to this point I am far from jumping up and down in anticipation for mlb 2k11.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:08 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 47

I like that if a player is hot he will be hot in the franchise season. To me that is really cool.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:10 PM   #20
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodcutta
Focus on the negative? People who have bought this game year after year hoping the game actually improves and lives up to what 2k has promised have EVERY right to focus on the negative. The franchise mode alone has been unplayable for years. The game that is released is basically a beta version and isn't anywhere near the final version until two, three, or more patches. I'm a 2k fan and really, really hope this game will be an improvement on last year's game. That being said, what information has been released that would give any hint that will be the case? Absolutely nothing. Again, I am looking forward to future info releases but to this point I am far from jumping up and down in anticipation for mlb 2k11.
I don't have a problem with negative discussion. I've spoken out about a lot of things wrong with 2K10. But there are some people here with an agenda and are trolling as far as I'm concerned. They don't want to hear any negatives about their game of choice but don't mind piling on the game they don't like.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:12 PM   #21
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
I like that if a player is hot he will be hot in the franchise season. To me that is really cool.
I actually agree. I think its a different perspective on the playability of franchise mode. Lets face it, two things people often "complain" about in regards to franchise mode:

a) players aren't playing "realistically"
b) progression/regression isn't working properly

Well, now you have, at least seemingly, both of those issues resolved.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2011, 10:19 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 47

I think this is the best thing I heard in a long time about any game. Give me a game where players play like their real counter part. Also slumps will be huge in this game. If Tim is struggling I will like to see him struggle in my franchise. To me this could make me get this game and really enjoy it if it works like the way they say it will. I would like to see more of these player models. I am not too impress with them, but as long as the animation is top notch I can get over that.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:24 PM   #23
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I love the idea of ratings moving with my franchise. The young stud that gets called up in the minors now has a much better rating. Same goes for that veteran that slips. Default roster ratings usually look pretty bad by the end of the year. I hope all sports games implement this sooner than later.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:27 PM   #24
Rookie

RedLine's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BravesBoy
Found some info for you guys from pastapadre-

hers the link
http://www.pastapadre.com/2011/01/19...-features-list
At least we have some more info on the game, and it's an good list. I too hope it means they spent time polishing the game and fixing bugs.

One thing I notice that's missing is Trading Cards. I'm fine with that too, maybe it frees up room for more ballparks and other features.

Now bring on the dev diaries and some vids....

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »