Home

MLB 2K11 Preview (Teamxbox)

This is a discussion on MLB 2K11 Preview (Teamxbox) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-21-2011, 04:32 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
MLB 2K11 Preview (Teamxbox)

Teamxbox has just posted their Major League Baseball 2K11 preview.

Quote:
"The ball physics have been rewritten so that its reactions to dirt, grass and brick are all new. The the ball can fade in different directions and it isn't always the difference of a single pixel for a strike or a ball. Runners caught between bases can hold the two triggers rather than tap a single direction so that they can make the call when to run at the right moment. And overall errors don't happen randomly. They claimed you won't see the same fielding mistakes present in MLB 2K9. Errors are situation-dependent in that yes, a shortstop might just fumble a hard grounder, but a pop-fly won't be missed under the right conditions.

Phillies pitcher Roy Halladay provided advice and suggestions for a lot of the development process. He correct the dev team when they had something wrong and explained how certain situations in the game work out from his point of view. This expert testimony from the big leagues definitely pays off in the game as it all further exemplifies the attention to detail found in this experience."
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS2 / PS3 / Wii / PSP / NDS / PC
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2011, 04:49 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 2K11 Preview (Teamxbox)

Well this is a great article dude.......A lot of positive things....
Old 01-21-2011, 04:52 PM   #3
Rookie

RedLine's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
"First of all, when you hit the ball into the outfield, the camera hangs back as though you're watching the ball fly from the batter's perspective. This gives less of a tell to the outfielders where it's going to land, much like in the real world."
The details of the new game are sounding better with each new preview. The new camera from the batter's perspective sounds interesting, can't wait to actually see some game play with this view.
Old 01-21-2011, 04:54 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLine
The details of the new game are sounding better with each new preview. The new camera from the batter's perspective sounds interesting, can't wait to actually see some game play with this view.
Yeah I am not sure I understand this completely......Does this mean that when we hit the ball camera is behind the batter for a few sec...If so than that tell to the outfielders is pointless cos it's not me how is fielding the ball in the outfield......
Old 01-21-2011, 04:59 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 33
Good that we're getting some solid details about MLB 2K11. Even better that the news appears to be positive.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2011, 05:04 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberq
Yeah I am not sure I understand this completely......Does this mean that when we hit the ball camera is behind the batter for a few sec...If so than that tell to the outfielders is pointless cos it's not me how is fielding the ball in the outfield......
I don't understand your question, what do you mean?
Old 01-21-2011, 05:06 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberq
No, I believe they mean when we are fielding the ball the camera will stay looking at the batter just like in real life. You will be looking at the fly ball coming towards you. I love this idea if the camera works properly.
Old 01-21-2011, 05:09 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzburgh
No, I believe they mean when we are fielding the ball the camera will stay looking at the batter just like in real life. You will be looking at the fly ball coming towards you. I love this idea if the camera works properly.
Aaa now I understand....Thanks man that makes sense....Wow cool feature..

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »