Home

The "Commandments" of NCAA Football 12

This is a discussion on The "Commandments" of NCAA Football 12 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-22-2011, 11:24 PM   #9
Timo time

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47
I'll add...
Thou shalt not have the CPU teams recruit 8 QBs, or excessive amount of players at any one position. I hate seeing teams not filling their needs and ending up with an absurd amount of QBs or HBs.
The depth chart issue is kind of included with this.
Old 01-22-2011, 11:25 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 5
Thou shall allow full web capability for the entire Online Dynasty (including all off-season duties). All you need to turn the game on is to play the game.
Old 01-22-2011, 11:26 PM   #11
MVP

8's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: The "Commandments" of NCAA Football 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDakHusker
I'll add...
Thou shalt not have the CPU teams recruit 8 QBs, or excessive amount of players at any one position. I hate seeing teams not filling their needs and ending up with an absurd amount of QBs or HBs.
The depth chart issue is kind of included with this.
I saw one time 3 kickers had temple as there #1 team...

RAVENS/ORIOLES
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2011, 11:32 PM   #12
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: The "Commandments" of NCAA 12

Stuff has always been bias in NCAA for years now.

1. Best passing QBs always come from California.

2. Best lineman always come from Texas.

3. Speed guys always come from Florida.

4. Ohio St, Florida and Alabama is always in somebody's top 5 no matter what their position is or play style is.

5. Smaller schools always have the worse ratings for players, never mind the fact the guy was an all american, we will give him a 50 overall with 50 awareness, we don't care if he is a senior, he goes to Arkansas St, therefore by default he suck. It shouldn't be like that.

6. Make weight actually matter. Why the hell do I see DEs with 88 speed ? But yet scrambling QBs with 70 speed ? Hell I even seen some WRs with 76 speed.

7. Stop thinking Army, Navy and Air Force suck in all aspects of football. Stop thinking their QBs can't throw or aren't accurate. Stop thinking they don't have good pass rushers and CBs. In reality this season each of those schools had a DL in the top 10 for most sacks in the NATION.

8. Thou shouldn't make punts automatic. This is COLLEGE. Where is the bad punt snaps ? Missed punt kicks ? Punt BLOCKS ??????? And in bad weather it should be even more bad snaps in the punt formations and shot gun formations.

When you playing in a hostile stadium that is rated in the top 25 toughest places to play, if you losing or the momemntum is going against you, then damn it your center should be messing up every once in a while, like snapping it over your head, skipping it a long the ground, snapping it too wide, etc.

9. Make weather effect player morale. IF you got a school like Florida playing at Wisconsin or Michigan during the fall when it is cold outside, the coldness should effect the warm weather team, like it does to teams in REAL LIFE.

10. THOU SHALL NOT RELEASE, RELEASE DAY PATCHES ANYMORE. They should wait a week or two after release day before they release a patch. That way they can get all the info and feed back they need from the retail version of the game.

Last year they jumped the gun and killed the cpu QB scramble AI right off the bat with their release day patch. It is a shame too because being it was a release day patch, 98% of their customers probably didn't even know that the CPU QBs scrambled a good amount by default before that patch.

So hold off a good week or 2 after release before you start releasing patches.

11. Thou shall record all new commentary.

12. Thou shall give us a pre game, halftime and post game show, along with a dynasty show.

13. Thou shall give us injury reports in a timely manner. I shouldn't be hearing about my star guy got hurt 2 plays later.

14. Thou shall fix the kick off and punt return game for both human and cpu. I have yet to have the cpu return anything more then 10 yards. Return rating don't mean jack.

15. Thou shall give us either a scramble slider or scramble attribute. And what ever that rating is, shall dictate how often that player scrambles.

16. Thou shall give us a priority attribute for players. The higher the number is, the more passes and touches shall come that player's way. Slot WRs shouldn't be the number one receiving yards leader on the team.

17. If I sack you 3 or more times in the 1st half, that should make you more fearful and therefore you be more quicker to scramble because you don't want to get knocked on your butt anymore. Just like if I pick off your passes too many times in the 1st half, the coach should change the game plan right there and start having his team run the ball a little bit more for his QB can calm down.
Old 01-22-2011, 11:38 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 0
Thou shall FINALLY return multiple playable camera options such as user-defined cam, overhead cam, blimp cam and our favorite BROADCAST CAMERA !!!!
Old 01-22-2011, 11:44 PM   #14
Pro

Thou shall allow us to schedule neutral site games. I hate that the MU-Illinois game isn't at St. Louis, that the MU-KU game isn't at Kansas City, etc... I wanna be able to schedule those games at those places and maybe an occasional game at Wrigley or in Yankees stadium.

And to backup what someone had said previously, I hate that the MU-KU game isn't at the end of the year except in the first season because I'm stuck playing some other conference game instead.
Old 01-22-2011, 11:48 PM   #15
Rookie

AUsouthpaw2013's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The "Commandments" of NCAA 12

Here I have a few:

"Thou shalt not come to a complete stop when catching a pass." When your receiver or back catches the ball, he almost always kills his momentum during the catching motion. In real life, QBs hit guys in stride all the time, without them needing to stop to catch the ball.

"Thou shalt add a student section, and the crowd noise shall intensify as you get close to it." The student section is the loudest part of the stadium, always.

"Thou shalt correct recruits speed/accel/agility ratings." Come on, no running back in real life has 95 speed without a good burst. Just not realistic.

"Thou shalt tweak in season progression, so that players having a monster season will see their stats increase by a noticable amount." If my QB throws for 50 TDs in my dynasty as a sophomore, he shouldn't come into his junior year an overall 82 with 84 THP and 82 THA. Great seasons should be rewarded.

"Thou shalt tweak special teams, so that blocking punts and field goals is possible, if rare." Happens all the time in real life, but never in the game without mega cheesing.

"Thou shalt fix the zone read play so that the exchange point is faster." Speaks for itself, the exchange point takes WAY TOO LONG.

"Thou shalt make wildcat viable again." Please?

"Thou shalt eliminate the jumping linebacker, as he is better suited for the Olympics." No linebacker on planet Earth can jump 5 feet in the air to swat a pass.

"Thou shalt make zone defense viable again, and eliminate psychic corners." Zone defense is very broken in this year's game. Man coverage is very overpowered at times. The corner or LB knowing the route the receiver or back is running is very unrealistic.

"Thou shalt finally add in missing fight songs." Seriously, I'm tired of hearing Tiger Rag everytime I score in my Auburn dynasty.

"Thou shalt add a coaching carousel to dynasty." Coaches come and go every year, this needs to be in the game. Coaches also retire after a certain period of time. No way JoePa is still coaching at Penn State in 2020.

"Thou shalt fix dynasty school ratings." If I win a national championship, my coach prestige should go up, and championship contender should go up. A coach's experience rating should also go up over time.

Last edited by AUsouthpaw2013; 01-23-2011 at 07:04 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2011, 11:54 PM   #16
Pro

Another one: Thou shall give us more options with custom conferences. Let us customize them IN the dynasty and not just before it. Let us rename them if we please. Let us expand them by 1 or 2 teams. Etc...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »