Home

The "Commandments" of NCAA Football 12

This is a discussion on The "Commandments" of NCAA Football 12 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-23-2011, 12:00 AM   #17
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: The "Commandments" of NCAA 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
6. Make weight actually matter. Why the hell do I see DEs with 88 speed ? But yet scrambling QBs with 70 speed ? Hell I even seen some WRs with 76 speed.

8. Thou shouldn't make punts automatic. This is COLLEGE. Where is the bad punt snaps ? Missed punt kicks ? Punt BLOCKS ??????? And in bad weather it should be even more bad snaps in the punt formations and shot gun formations.

When you playing in a hostile stadium that is rated in the top 25 toughest places to play, if you losing or the momemntum is going against you, then damn it your center should be messing up every once in a while, like snapping it over your head, skipping it a long the ground, snapping it too wide, etc.

9. Make weather effect player morale. IF you got a school like Florida playing at Wisconsin or Michigan during the fall when it is cold outside, the coldness should effect the warm weather team, like it does to teams in REAL LIFE.

10. THOU SHALL NOT RELEASE, RELEASE DAY PATCHES ANYMORE. They should wait a week or two after release day before they release a patch. That way they can get all the info and feed back they need from the retail version of the game.

Last year they jumped the gun and killed the cpu QB scramble AI right off the bat with their release day patch. It is a shame too because being it was a release day patch, 98% of their customers probably didn't even know that the CPU QBs scrambled a good amount by default before that patch.

So hold off a good week or 2 after release before you start releasing patches.

11. Thou shall record all new commentary.

12. Thou shall give us a pre game, halftime and post game show, along with a dynasty show.

13. Thou shall give us injury reports in a timely manner. I shouldn't be hearing about my star guy got hurt 2 plays later.

14. Thou shall fix the kick off and punt return game for both human and cpu. I have yet to have the cpu return anything more then 10 yards. Return rating don't mean jack.

15. Thou shall give us either a scramble slider or scramble attribute. And what ever that rating is, shall dictate how often that player scrambles.

16. Thou shall give us a priority attribute for players. The higher the number is, the more passes and touches shall come that player's way. Slot WRs shouldn't be the number one receiving yards leader on the team.

17. If I sack you 3 or more times in the 1st half, that should make you more fearful and therefore you be more quicker to scramble because you don't want to get knocked on your butt anymore. Just like if I pick off your passes too many times in the 1st half, the coach should change the game plan right there and start having his team run the ball a little bit more for his QB can calm down.
This and improvents to RTG and coaches I probably wont even think about playing Madden 12
Old 01-23-2011, 01:42 AM   #18
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61
Thou shalt not have such GLARING omissions.......

such as a halftime show. (C'mon...its 2011)
Old 01-23-2011, 02:51 AM   #19
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: The "Commandments" of NCAA Football 12

I like a lot of what I have read so far, and I have one to add.

Thou shall give the user ability in both online and offline dynasties to chose which tuner set will be used for that dynasty.

This may be more of an system thing, but I would love to be able to chose which patch to use as well without having to play offline.
Old 01-23-2011, 12:13 PM   #20
Rookie

blkprince04's Arena

OVR: 6
Icon14 Re: The "Commandments" of NCAA Football 12

thou should have off setting penalties.....we should have multiple penalties on any given play...sometimes the penalty is on both teams not just one team ea sports .......
Old 01-23-2011, 01:17 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: The "Commandments" of NCAA 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUsouthpaw2013
Man coverage is very overpowered at times. The corner or LB knowing the route the receiver or back is running is very unrealistic.
Definitely agree. I just got done playing a game against Michigan and on one play where my receiver was running a 15 yard out, the DB covering him made the cut on the route BEFORE my receiver even did! Then the DB went on to pick off the pass. If the DB and my WR switched jerseys, I'd say the play was a success. You'd think my WR went up to the line and told the DB he was gonna run a 15 yard out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2011, 02:35 PM   #22
Rookie

acreyman's Arena

OVR: 6
Good write up, I sitll play this game more than any other I own. One thing that drives me nuts is in the Stat screens. When I go to stats and look at the players it always shows the symbols behind them first....then eventually the team. So when I am trying to look at guys stats I gotta wait for the star...the hotstreak.....the the awards they won, the all american signal....then FINALLY the TEAM they are on! Please change it so the team logo shows up first!!!!

And fix the dang lock up issues!
Old 01-23-2011, 05:55 PM   #23
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni

9. "Thou shalt have Recruits look at depth charts before committing". I'm Nebraska in our online dynasty. I run the old school triple option of the Tom Osborne era and I run it well. I average almost 400 rushing yards a game....and not a single 5 star scrambling quarterback will give me the time of day. If a team is the reincarnation of the 1995 Cornhuskers, 5 star RBs and Mobile QBs should be beating down that Coach's door wanting to commit. If I return 2 defensive backs on my entire team....I shouldn't go to the prospect list and see a total of 3 out of 200 generated defensive backs that have me in their top 10. By that same token, Georgia should not sign 3 of the top 6 Quarterbacks in a single recruiting season....while they already have 3 Signal Callers on their roster. Blatant roster management/recruiting snafus like these are quite common in NCAA 11 and should be tweaked for NCAA 12.
Hey now, I turned down Max Hall and now he's shining in Lubbock so technically I only signed 2 sir.

How about when I couldnt sign a WR to save my life?

I still have nightmares of Alabama stealing my croots while I'm sleeping.
Old 01-23-2011, 07:16 PM   #24
The Print Guy

65South's Arena

OVR: 23

Great list and comments all around.

Only thing I can think to add is Thou shalt allow the play-action pass to be useful once again. Even if I've been killing thy CPU with the run, it's defense completely ignores any threat of a run, breaks through thy offensive line in less than 2 seconds and commences to take down thine QB before he can even execute a fake. I've stopped using it all together

PSN: Sixty5South

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »