Home

FIFA 12: EA Details Improved AI, Set Pieces and More

This is a discussion on FIFA 12: EA Details Improved AI, Set Pieces and More within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-24-2011, 10:38 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 33
Glad to see them addressing the set pieces. The penalty sysem needs work too.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:26 PM   #10
*n th* Fl*w*rs

southernbelle's Arena

OVR: 16
i just want to hear rudder say... "i have been playing PES 2011 Master League non-stop... and i get it. career mode sucks. we are going to aim to beat PES ML for immersion."
Old 01-24-2011, 02:54 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbelle
i just want to hear rudder say... "i have been playing PES 2011 Master League non-stop... and i get it. career mode sucks. we are going to aim to beat PES ML for immersion."
Youth teams, youth teams, youth teams! loool ;P
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2011, 03:09 PM   #12
He can talk the talk

Salhus's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: FIFA 12: EA Details Improved AI, Set Pieces and More

Happy to hear the guy address the bad AI and how it needs to come support more.

I agree with him in the personality stuff. I like how certain players have specialties and traits.
Old 01-24-2011, 03:20 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 33
I would love to see more attention given to recreating the broadcast aspect within the presentation. The use of cut scenes in sports games gives the opportunity to add a layer of personality to the game by showing interactions between players, the referee, the crowd & the coaches. We've seen in NBA 2K11 & MLB the Show how impressive such features can be & what they can add to the game. EA seem fixated by speeding up the game by taking out any stoppages in play. I know some players just want to speed through game after game & those players can easily be satisfied by having an option to switch off or skip through cut scenes. But for those people like myself who prefer to play the game as they see it on TV I really hope EA will work on this element. Their World Cup game featured cut scenes, albeit woefully repetitive ones, but FIFA 11 has all but eliminated them.
Old 01-24-2011, 05:58 PM   #14
Love Celtic, Hate Racism

CeltBhoy33's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Let's hope it's just not another year of useless features. Maybe they can actually watch some live matches - notice how the gameplay flow, and pressure system looks nothing like their FIFA game does.

I've never frickin understood video game developers in regards to sports.

You see an example of what you are trying to imitate EVERY SINGLE DAY. How frickin hard is it to just duplicate that?? Seriously?

I can understand the difficulty of Final Fantasy/Oblivion/Black Ops, whatever - people do not see that on TV - we view these sports games on TV every single day. If the goal is to please the public, why not just imitate each game to look how it does on TV - then add the useless features later on.

Maybe David Rutter and company will "get it". It's doubtful already because they are talking about things like set pieces/throw ins, etc - things I could care less about in terms of priority.

Can i seriously have $20m so I can show how to make a sports video game? Seriously....argh.
Watching footy on the tele and creating a game are two different things mate. The game was far from amazing, but other than the pressure I really enjoy it. I still play a few times a week with some of my mates. I am glad they are addressing many of the problems so early and trying to make the game that much better.
Old 01-24-2011, 07:13 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 19
I'd much rather have a patch for FIFA 11, than read about early progress on FIFA 12. I respect Rutter & company, but I hope whatever enhancements are included in FIFA 12 will be followed by patches to fix whatever will need it. FIFA 09, 10, and FIFA World Cup 2010 all made progress. FIFA 11 sort of stalled out. One good patch could really fix it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2011, 07:18 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 4

I think the composure feature from the penalties needs to be implemented into all free-kicks. I also believe that on free kicks (a goal kick for example) players that are nearby and are short passing options should have a one button option to play the pass. It is frustrating to want to play a short pass only to have to wait for the screen to rotate and allow you to pass to the obvious man in front of you.

As for everything else, FIFA usually hits their improvements right on the head, let's hope though that this year it isn't again at the expense of more important gameplay flaws.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »