Home

MLB 2K11 Preview (New York Post)

This is a discussion on MLB 2K11 Preview (New York Post) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-25-2011, 02:06 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Another MLB 2K11 Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
I would think since this is the LAST week in January, we'd be getting an Insight this week, but who knows. My feeling is Insights may go like this:

FIELDING
PITCHING/HITTING
FRANCHISE/ONLINE FRANCHISE
PRESENTATION/PLAYER MODELS
Yeah that sounds about right....I sure hope that they release they second insight this week because man we need more info....All previews so for covered the same bases(no pun intended)....
Old 01-25-2011, 02:51 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28

We'll it looks like 2k is still capturing signature styles..

"Neftali Feliz @ MLB Studio 42"

Old 01-25-2011, 04:40 PM   #11
Banned

Haha that looks great dude......But does anyone think that it is a little late for this things at the end of January?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2011, 04:43 PM   #12
MVP

Trevytrev11's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Now if you continuously miss a pitch, you will not be able to know where it will wind up, just like in real life, if you miss badly, the pitch may end up anywhere in the zone.
Just analyzing this statement:

Is this basically trying to replicate a pitcher who just loses feel for a pitch one day? When sometimes you just don't have command of a pitch and no matter what you try and do to adjust, you just never develop a feel for it?

If so, I applaud that. I think that is a pretty good idea. I know when I pitched, sometimes you just couldn't get the feel for a curve and as hard as your tried to bury one down in the zone, you'd leave it hanging.

I like this idea IF you are continuously missing a lot with a given pitch. Somtimes you will be nailing 3 of your 4 pitches, but that one just keeps getting away.

However, I also like the fact that in the past, if you over throw your curve (carry your r-stick slightly past the release point), it would act like you over threw it and miss down and away. And if you let go too early, you would miss up and in. I thought this, in principal, was a realisitic cause and effect for missing pitches. Release too soon, ball goes up and in, release too late, ball goes down and away.

I hope they stick with this as the rule and only throw in the new aspect in the event that you keep missing a certain pitch and your pitcher basically loses confidence in that pitch.

I think these two ideas together make for a solid pitching platform.

I just don't like complete randomness because usually when you are on, as a pitcher, you can usually throw a pitch knowing that you are either going to nail your target or miss in a given direction. In other words, when a guy is up 0-2 or 1-2 on a hitter and tries to paint the outside corner, he's going to either hit that corner or make sure that if he misses, it is on the outside part of the plate.

I like to know that when I throw a pitch, that if I miss, I am going to miss to the safe part of the zone (usually to the direction of the target).

Last edited by Trevytrev11; 01-25-2011 at 04:47 PM.
Old 01-25-2011, 05:03 PM   #13
MVP

Artman22's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
We'll it looks like 2k is still capturing signature styles..

"Neftali Feliz @ MLB Studio 42"

This is great!!
Old 01-25-2011, 05:03 PM   #14
Rookie

I really hope to hear more about My Player and Franchise mode soon. Overall all these previews give me some hope though.
Old 01-25-2011, 05:09 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraken613
I really hope to hear more about My Player and Franchise mode soon. Overall all these previews give me some hope though.
That's certainly what I'm looking forward to. These articles are awesome and the new features sound great, but I'm chomping at the bit to hear some My Player and Franchise updates.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2011, 06:00 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberq
Haha that looks great dude......But does anyone think that it is a little late for this things at the end of January?
Never too late for motion capture. This game still has 2 weeks before submission for certification

Sent from my FRESH EVO 3.5 via tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »