Home

Madden NFL 12 Developer Video Podcast at Super Bowl Halftime, Thoughts or Ideas?

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Developer Video Podcast at Super Bowl Halftime, Thoughts or Ideas? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-27-2011, 12:15 AM   #17
MVP

kennyacid's Arena

OVR: 30
all i want in next year game is a better challenge system because as of now it sucks. Why give us the option to throw the ball while being hit but when it turns into a fumble we cant challenge it? smh

Also simpler pre-play adjustments. I still say 2k5 ( yes that game again lol ) had the best pre-play adjustments. You can easily double a wide out in a blink of a eye.
Old 01-27-2011, 12:29 AM   #18
Pro

OVR: 13
Re: Madden NFL 12 Developer Video Podcast at Super Bowl Halftime, Thoughts or Ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navdel1900
Careful Kenny, If you mention other games on this site other than the one and only that exists you get banned.
Really? You really need to be that guy?

Trying to stay on topic and actually answer your question, I think it's a great idea. I'm pumped to have some Madden info. Franchise has been the biggest let down for me over the past two or three iterations. It'd be sweet to get some info on that. I know you're probably not looking to reveal anything huge, but I will say that I don't care to here about any gimmicks or anything. I don't want another 'gameflow' type addition. I want to know about 'schemes' on offense or CB/WR interactions. The addition of timing routes, QB/WR chemistry, that sort of thing. (Obviously these are just examples). But something that adds to the game, not just slightly modifying the way non-experienced gamers play it.
Old 01-27-2011, 12:39 AM   #19
MVP

kennyacid's Arena

OVR: 30
Ive been around since almost the beginning of this site, i know how far i can go to be safe lol
Old 01-27-2011, 01:06 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 13
This sounds awesome! Tell us about the some new modes and features, like franchise. I would also love to see maybe an early screen and video of some of your developers working.
Old 01-27-2011, 01:28 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 19
I would say any information about the "Full Editing" features post you started.

Out of all the request that will be posted, this will be the "ONLY" one that's about putting more "Under The Hood" control into the gamers hands.

Facts are Facts!!!
Going into month 6 after release, well after Presentation/Online folks have left the building, there are many still tweaking ratings and sliders to move the game forward.

So I say talk about the any New Editing Features since it's the overall driving issue of most complaints about the game.

Just my 2 cents.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2011, 02:03 AM   #22
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: Madden NFL 12 Developer Video Podcast at Super Bowl Halftime, Thoughts or Ideas?

I want to hear about franchise progression - if it's been improved, how it's been improved and why you chose the new progression system.

But I think the marketing guys over at EA will want you to show off something along the lines of gameplay or AI to appeal to every Madden user.

But Id love to hear anything franchise about improvements in it.
Old 01-27-2011, 04:57 AM   #23
Observer

guaps's Arena

OVR: 11

I fully support the idea of a video podcast because not only will you be able to tell us about some of the new features, but the accompanying video footage will give us a chance to see it in action - one of the things I missed during some of last years blogs.

Also I personally hope you go forward with the audio podcasts instead of the live chats as you unveil new M12 features, as I found the live chats weren't, IMO, a great way to interact with the fans and Madden community as the podcasts have been.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:01 AM   #24
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

My idea:

Have some guys like Ian, Donny, Josh, Phil, whoever, discuss what they did and did not like in Madden 11 and the improvements they've made this year over the things they didn't like from last year (that they can discuss at this point in time of course. Obviously there's going to be a lot that can't be mentioned because the hype/PR machine needs to build up first).

For example, say Donny didn't like a certain animation in Madden 11. He would let us know he didn't like that animation, that they improved/removed it for this year and how they went about doing that.

That's what I think would be a solid video to start the Madden 12 hype off and it would be something us hardcore guys would dig. Just a general discussion between the guys working on the game to give us an idea of the direction they're going this year and what we can expect to be improved from last year.

And, this might be asking too much, but a screenshot similar to the Roethlisberger one that was shown at halftime of Super Bowl 43 for Madden 10 (the one that had details for us to find ourselves, like the hand towels, colored cleats, etc.) would be something else I wouldn't mind seeing.

Last edited by BlueNGold; 01-27-2011 at 06:05 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »