Home

Madden NFL 12 Developer Video Podcast at Super Bowl Halftime, Thoughts or Ideas?

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Developer Video Podcast at Super Bowl Halftime, Thoughts or Ideas? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-27-2011, 08:12 AM   #25
Rookie

Icarus2k9's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Madden NFL 12 Developer Video Podcast at Super Bowl Halftime, Thoughts or Ideas?

I'd hate to be a negative nancy on this one, I'd love some extra Madden information like everyone else, but I wouldn't be that fussed on a half-time video or any news for a good while yet.

I'm at a stage where my optimism on the game is based solely on promises being maintained, and this early on I'm guessing you're still at risk of saying features and elements that won't make it due to time constraints - or worse, features that never get implemented properly.

The only videos I want to see after the last couple of years would have to be ridiculously long, displaying difficulty settings at all times and testing the new feature to breaking point. User v User, User v Cpu, all the permentations. If it's an off-field feature, I'd want it simmed 100 times or enacted with all sorts of things that could make it a problem. If it's presentation, if I saw a clip that was awesome and that turned out to be one of only a handful of new cut scenes, I'd feel cheated.

I really enjoyed the last two games on the field, despite how soulless franchise was, so the only things that seem to fill me with dissatisfaction are the videos which promise so much and then fail to deliver. Give me a confirmed list the moment the game goes gold, then I'd be stoked.

But that's just me and I know that's a crazy POV. I'll be on here dissecting like everyone else
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2011, 08:30 AM   #26
Rookie

cletusdog's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Madden NFL 12 Developer Video Podcast at Super Bowl Halftime, Thoughts or Ideas?

Just let us know that you fixed the imported draft (editing), IR and special teams. The whole world will rejoice.

...and a Baba Booey to y'all
Old 01-27-2011, 08:38 AM   #27
MVP

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by cletusdog
Just let us know that you fixed the imported draft (editing), IR and special teams. The whole world will rejoice.
..and added back all PS2 franchise mode aspects, along with adding future draft picks and practice squads. Along with 31 other active CPU teams in offline.

Then the world will rejoice!
Old 01-27-2011, 08:42 AM   #28
Banned

Yeah, this isn't really an area for suggestions, but either get rid of the QB ratings not in NCAA, or add them to NCAA. That fixes the QB importing problem.
Old 01-27-2011, 08:52 AM   #29
Rookie

JDoze's Arena

OVR: 3

I recommend not saying something just to appeal to the casual gamer. Chances are, the casual gamer won't be tuning in to the podcast. It will mainly be the hardcore people who care more about OFFline franchise. I'm hoping for the destruction of canned animations that make other players fall and trip. As well as something not so big, like chemistry. Let's say that a QB and WR have high chemistry, it could improve the accuracy when throwing to that receiver and also improve the route running when that QB is under center.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:12 AM   #30
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

Ian, this is an excellent idea. To be honest, I am so excited for the new year of Madden and NCAA I can't hardly stand myself. 2011 was one of the best year's in recent memory for both football titles, and here it is going on February, and I am STILL playing both games religiously (have owned both since day of release). The more I play my franchise in Madden 11, the more fun I have. So I am definitely anticipating news for Madden 12 (especially after you guys said most of your franchise resources were going into Madden 12 when 11 released).

Here is my suggestion: 5-8 minutes is fine, but if you do that, give us some good solid information that will leave us with a good impression, and excited for the next tid-bit of news. I am a avid EA supporter, so I appreciate any news you guys give us, but I believe to hit a home run, that you guys need to deliver some good, NEW information that we didn't already know about (we know graphics will be improved, we know franchise will be improved, we know sound will be improved, and we know that rosters will be improved). Give us something juicy to sink our teeth into and keep us lasting until the next podcast.

Lastly, can you post this podcast up exactly like you have been doing on the last 3 podcasts? I have sat at work and listened to those, and I have really enjoyed you guys talking about football, the football gaming industry, and your expectations. I suggest doing the superbowl one like those, and post it on the same site that the others have been posted on. Easy to navigate, works smoothly, and its easy to conceal at work

Thanks Ian & EA!

Old 01-27-2011, 09:13 AM   #31
MVP

R9NALD9's Arena

OVR: 16

If you can show us some footage of decent dirty uniforms, better lighting and progressive lighting I'll be happy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2011, 09:36 AM   #32
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by R9NALD9
If you can show us some footage of decent dirty uniforms, better lighting and progressive lighting I'll be happy
I disagree. Gameplay first, presentation later.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »