Home

Fight Night Champion Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here (360, PS3)

This is a discussion on Fight Night Champion Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here (360, PS3) within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-01-2011, 10:48 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
I first and foremost want to state that I am AMAZED at how good this game initially appears to be. I am one of the Elite competitors on round 4 and this trumps it in everyway. (so far, as I have only played it for an hour and then came to work). Using ali flicked out a coulpe jabs and then countered tyson's hook with an overhand right and stunned him hard with my 3rd punch, moved in to flurry and sent him down. It is already on, I love this game. It is much easier to win with ali or tyson then vice versa as ali has range and throws a lot of punches in the demo. I noticed though that picking my shots well, tyson's punches were having much more impact then Ali's and it gives me the impression that even if loosing a couple of early rounds Ali would be breaken down later in the fight, really hoping that can happen.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:54 AM   #10
Pro

OVR: 0
Outside of my lovefest however, the commentary is really rehashed, and the entrances still are kind of lame. I really care about the gameplay anyway so it is not a concern for me, but if they want to really score high and appeal to the masses they could have worked on the non-gameplay presentation more. All in all though this is subperb, and already feel that it will possibly be my favorite game yet. For those of you overly worrying about the stamina, i wouldnt be to concerned, the game really rewards you for playing tactical and smart, and I feel the stamina will be on point in a 10-12 round fight. The connect percentages did seem to be quite high, I was expecting it to be lower, but I could not be more exstatic with this iteration. Good job EA.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:07 AM   #11
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Fight Night Champion Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here (360) PS3 Tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by BQ32
Outside of my lovefest however, the commentary is really rehashed, and the entrances still are kind of lame. I really care about the gameplay anyway so it is not a concern for me, but if they want to really score high and appeal to the masses they could have worked on the non-gameplay presentation more. All in all though this is subperb, and already feel that it will possibly be my favorite game yet. For those of you overly worrying about the stamina, i wouldnt be to concerned, the game really rewards you for playing tactical and smart, and I feel the stamina will be on point in a 10-12 round fight. The connect percentages did seem to be quite high, I was expecting it to be lower, but I could not be more exstatic with this iteration. Good job EA.
The entrances will be revived w/ your own beats blastin from the speakers tho...so that's a plus
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2011, 11:13 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.
Re: Fight Night Champion Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here (360) PS3 Tonight

Cant wait for the full release. Its pretty good. Only thing that bothers me now (I'm sure this is an early build) is the framerate is off. Its not smooth its very rough and shoddy ya know. Also, they could've kept the auto blocking. It was cool when they took away the actual blocking to the left and right and went to just blocking high or low, but they shouldn't have stripped it down even further. Hope there's an option for the FN4 style block scheme.

For some reason, the boxing seems less precision than RND4 also. I was very tactical with RND4. It seems like its gonna be difficult to be precision in this game.

Have to get used to playing from different angles again. Remember, we were stuck on the left side of the screen in RND4. Now my swing camera has returned and its gonna take some major adjusting to fight from the right side of the screen or the top/bottom of the screen.

Last edited by TheCreep; 02-01-2011 at 11:22 AM.
Old 02-01-2011, 12:44 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 18

So far online I have not had any spammers defeat me. I have not really played against someone who seemed to be able to abuse any aspect of the game yet.

Also majority pick Pacman and Ali. So far except for 1 guy, I have defeated all Pac users with Cotto's body attack and methodical pace.

Concerned about the EA board, lots of casual boxings fans complaining about getting KO'ed and not being able to punch non-stop. I hope Brizzo puts those folks on the ignore list.

After getting the hang of the way the boxers move, my boxing is starting to improve.
Old 02-01-2011, 12:50 PM   #14
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage
So far online I have not had any spammers defeat me. I have not really played against someone who seemed to be able to abuse any aspect of the game yet.

Also majority pick Pacman and Ali. So far except for 1 guy, I have defeated all Pac users with Cotto's body attack and methodical pace.

Concerned about the EA board, lots of casual boxings fans complaining about getting KO'ed and not being able to punch non-stop. I hope Brizzo puts those folks on the ignore list.

After getting the hang of the way the boxers move, my boxing is starting to improve.
You know, It'd be sweet if there were separate rooms or discs for the button mashers, cheesers,etc...vs the real sim world. then, they could button mash their arses in the mat if they wanted.
Old 02-01-2011, 12:53 PM   #15
MVP

ps3veron's Arena

OVR: 11
Anyone noticed lag online?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2011, 01:04 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 6
hmmmm, it's a mixed bag for me..

One one hand, this is by far the best looking boxing game ever

On the other hand, it still has very stiff game play and that rock em sock feel of punching.

Maybe we can really tweak this thing with the sliders..

So far I give it a 6/10 for the demo,

hoping for a 8/10 for the final version..

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »