Home

Madden NFL 12 Super Bowl Halftime Blog is Official, Franchise Mode Not Covered

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Super Bowl Halftime Blog is Official, Franchise Mode Not Covered within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-02-2011, 08:52 AM   #9
Rookie

havokeff's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Madden NFL 12 Super Bowl Halftime Blog is Official, Franchise Mode Not Covered

Who says they didn't listen? There are a lot of reasons why they may not have wanted to address franchise. None of them may have anything to do with what we wanted or not. And they were asking for suggestions, not marching orders.

As for what I would like to get from the blog...

As much as I would like some good news on franchise, I, after playing countless hours of Madden 11 (Is there a way to track how much time I have actually spent playing?), want to here some news on a few things related to game play.

I'm a little sick of weight having no bearing on the game. 6'7" 385 pound men, should not be getting stiff armed on their asses by 5'6" 185 pound men. Nor should the latter be falling forward when tackled by the former.

There has got to be a better way to do animations, if that is the system they are going to use. Specifically, the animations on QB tackles when defenders come flying in from behind and then inexplicably rotate to the side and throw the QB down, allowing them to throw, instead of just plowing through them and getting the sack. Just a single example, but the one that is most prevalent in my mind.

Honestly, I have played every incarnation of franchise, and they, towards the end of the year get just as stale as the previous incarnation, and it has nothing to do with innovation. It is a computer game with set rules, and once you figure them out, it is just what happens. However, as long as gameplay is fresh, the other modes will all seem much better.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:36 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 8
~sighs~..im not sure how to feel about this
Old 02-02-2011, 10:50 AM   #11
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden NFL 12 Super Bowl Halftime Blog is Official, Franchise Mode Not Covered

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDuke
No franchise mode info? Why ask a question if you're not going to listen to the answer?
I have to say that I kinda feel like people were being naive in thinking they would get franchise info.

If we're to presume that franchise will be a big ticket feature this year (as the devs have hinted at), why would they put out any info about that at this time of the year?

I could be surprised, but I expect something along the lines of the procedural awareness blog from 2 years ago. Something perhaps highly detailed, that the overall masses could care less about.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2011, 10:56 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 46

I am ok with EA not allowing ian to talk franchise this early.

the fact that the suits said they 'want to save it' has me excited that there r some nice changes!

will this be the year i finally buy madden?
first time since 09 [ps3] and only second time since 07 on wii

Last edited by econoodle; 02-02-2011 at 11:10 AM.
Old 02-02-2011, 10:59 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 12

People are naive if they thought they had input on the half time blog. They chose their topic and plan along time ago. They are just trying to make you feel involved. The marketing plan is set in stone already for 12.. IMO of course.

Last edited by TDKing; 02-02-2011 at 01:39 PM.
Old 02-02-2011, 11:02 AM   #14
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDuke
No franchise mode info? Why ask a question if you're not going to listen to the answer?
As another poster said, they were looking for thoughts and ideas, not directives.

A clue, though, is that Ian mentioned on Twitter "they want to save it." Translation is that they worked on franchise mode for Madden 12.

The big guns won't come out until June-August.
Old 02-02-2011, 11:32 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
As another poster said, they were looking for thoughts and ideas, not directives.

A clue, though, is that Ian mentioned on Twitter "they want to save it." Translation is that they worked on franchise mode for Madden 12.

The big guns won't come out until June-August.
Exactly. The admission that they want to save it makes me 90x more schoolgirl-giddy for the simple reason that it subliminally said "We finally did it, guys..and it's gonna be worth the wait...just be cool for now"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2011, 11:51 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 39

Hmm.. How much did we hear about head coach before it was released? I know apples and oranges

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »