Home

Madden NFL 12 Super Bowl Halftime Blog is Official, Franchise Mode Not Covered

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Super Bowl Halftime Blog is Official, Franchise Mode Not Covered within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-02-2011, 11:58 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 8
how would you guys feel as June rolls around and still no mention of significant changes to franchise mode? Me personally, im an offline guy and will always be. I cant stand the internet peeing matches that come wtih online play, yet most of the "innovations" are geared towards online play. Now if franchise mode mirrors the glory days of Madden 04 but with more depth, then i will gladly stand corrected...til then, as of today, this will mark the 6th consecutive year i will not be buying.
Old 02-02-2011, 12:28 PM   #18
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden NFL 12 Super Bowl Halftime Blog is Official, Franchise Mode Not Covered

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1WEiRDguy
how would you guys feel as June rolls around and still no mention of significant changes to franchise mode? Me personally, im an offline guy and will always be. I cant stand the internet peeing matches that come wtih online play, yet most of the "innovations" are geared towards online play. Now if franchise mode mirrors the glory days of Madden 04 but with more depth, then i will gladly stand corrected...til then, as of today, this will mark the 6th consecutive year i will not be buying.
Well, the electronics show in June for Madden 10 showed the franchise improvements and last year, before the electronics show, they announced not much was added to franchise mode.

So, if there isn't a nugget of info by the time the electronic show rolls out, then I'd be surprised.

Just going on past history.
Old 02-02-2011, 12:45 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Madden NFL 12 Super Bowl Halftime Blog is Official, Franchise Mode Not Covered

Quote:
Originally Posted by havokeff
Who says they didn't listen?
I said they didn't listen. Why ask an open-ended question if the answers are limited? If they never intended to reveal new franchise info, then why not specify that when asking for suggestions? I never would have bothered to answer otherwise.

Edit - Just wanted to add something. I'm looking forward to reading the blog. It just seemed pointless to me to ask people what they wanted the blog to reveal, then say they're not revealing what the majority of us requested. I get the impression they already knew the subject matter before asking the question. If that's the case, why bother to ask? That's all.

Last edited by BigDuke; 02-02-2011 at 01:18 PM.
Old 02-02-2011, 02:41 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Well, the electronics show in June for Madden 10 showed the franchise improvements and last year, before the electronics show, they announced not much was added to franchise mode.

So, if there isn't a nugget of info by the time the electronic show rolls out, then I'd be surprised.

Just going on past history.
im not trying to be rude or anything, and keep it mind i havent bought madden in years, but what signficant offline franchise changes were implemented in Madden 11?
Old 02-02-2011, 02:50 PM   #21
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61
Not too disappointed. I expected them to hold on to franchise mode infe. Rightfully so.

But for God sake....PLEASE....no itty bitty stuff like "wind socks or Super Bowl patches." Now THAT would be disappointing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2011, 03:05 PM   #22
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1WEiRDguy
im not trying to be rude or anything, and keep it mind i havent bought madden in years, but what signficant offline franchise changes were implemented in Madden 11?
You aren't being rude.

First, I didn't say anything about being significant.

Second, I said 10 had changes, not 11.
Old 02-02-2011, 03:09 PM   #23
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

With two great defensive teams in the Super Bowl, I think it would be an opportune time to tout the improvements being made to the defense. Running the arc, gap-control, deeper defensive playbooks.

Tell us that not every 4-3 or 3-4 are going to be created equal. Two gap schemes, one gap schemes, read and react defenses: Pete Carroll's 4-3 Under, Jim Johnson's Fire Zone, the old Miami 4-3, etc.
Old 02-02-2011, 03:12 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 19
It's been said several times that the current engine they (Madden/NCAA) build the game around limits what the Dev's would acutally like to do with the game and is pretty much maxed out with what they can do.
Because of this, I don't expect anything Jaw-Dropping to come about from these games until they have a New Engine to build around.

I've found myself enjoying the game from this little informative nugget because I know it is, what it is, if I decide to buy the game. No super, built up expectations leading up to release. Just a football video game.

When all else fails, bust out a game of "10-Yard fight" to humble yourself with what you have playing on your nice HD TV. Works for me everytime!!!

I will say the Ian has raised the bar for Game Dev's across the board. The guy is taking his work to a New level utilizing the Social Networking mediums. He is often noted as the standard of how Game Dev's should be communicating with the community.

For me, the demo will decide whether I'll buy or not.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »