Home

Fight Night Champion Tuner Set Available Today, For 360 Demo Only

This is a discussion on Fight Night Champion Tuner Set Available Today, For 360 Demo Only within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-08-2011, 01:01 PM   #9
Banned

bill2451's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Tuner Set for Demo to Hit Today (360 Only)

I think reducing accuracy would have made more sense consider clean shots dont really effect stamina that much and punch %'s are too high. You need to get accuracy right before you can correctly tune stamina (and punch power for that matter). It seems their going about this in the wrong order.
Old 02-08-2011, 02:46 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 32

I have played 5 matches and 3 out of 5 was ended by one punch KO. A tad too much power but the stamina issue is vastly improve. Just too many one punch KOs.
Old 02-08-2011, 02:47 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
If you hold on to the block it will still start to reduce your stamina. so for those who block constantly reduce the rate the stamina regenerates also hurts those block spammers.

Oooooooooooh, maybe that why I am getting KO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2011, 03:09 PM   #12
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
Oooooooooooh, maybe that why I am getting KO.
i only figured it out cause I was playing with Ali and I was trying to rope a dope and my stamina was getting drained especially if you hold block and bob n weave alot . the side step mechanic works better, but it takes away from your body stamina one they don't show. you just see slower footwork from you boxer check it out. some cool little stuff in there no one talking about.
Old 02-08-2011, 03:35 PM   #13

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
I have played 5 matches and 3 out of 5 was ended by one punch KO. A tad too much power but the stamina issue is vastly improve. Just too many one punch KOs.
I don't know yet but I actually like it. Over a longer fight, yes I'd say the connection perct. should go down, but I think power should remain. it's nice seeing guys swinging away and then getting countered with a devastating blow to the head/body.
Old 02-08-2011, 04:11 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Was just browsing on Real Time and came across this, even though FNC isn't really on my radar at the moment....

Tuner sets on a demo? That's pretty dedicated. Even if the 360 side is the only guinea pig in this experiment, this seems like a great way to not only get feedback before release, but also tweak based on that feedback before release. Hopefully this practice is adopted for other games - I don't see how it could possibly be a bad thing.
Old 02-08-2011, 04:25 PM   #15
MVP

Vast's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill2451
I think reducing accuracy would have made more sense consider clean shots dont really effect stamina that much and punch %'s are too high. You need to get accuracy right before you can correctly tune stamina (and punch power for that matter). It seems their going about this in the wrong order.
This x100

For me the biggest issue with the demo is accuracy. Reduce the accuracy slightly and you will see more stamina loss.

Stamina was an issue, but i think the long term stamina is what i'm most worried about. If you throw 150 punches a round you should be gassed by the 5th or 6th round. I'm not sure if that would happen the way its set up now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2011, 05:16 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vast
This x100

For me the biggest issue with the demo is accuracy. Reduce the accuracy slightly and you will see more stamina loss.

Stamina was an issue, but i think the long term stamina is what i'm most worried about. If you throw 150 punches a round you should be gassed by the 5th or 6th round. I'm not sure if that would happen the way its set up now.
I completely agree guys.

Punch accuracy should of been first adjustment completely.

Adjust punch accuracy and things start to fall in line.
  1. Stamina Decreases faster
  2. Punch connect percentage goes down
  3. Knockouts happen and appear more real (flush shot)
  4. Punch exchanges are shorter because of more missed punches
  5. Punch numbers decrease because of more stamina loss

I don't understand either the route they are going with the tuning. But until we get to play a full 10 rounds we don't know.

Because since accuracy is tied to stamina. As our guys get tired by the 5th to 6th round they might miss a lot more and then you have a snow ball effect where stamina starts decreasing more rapidly towards end of fight. Because of more missed punches.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »