Home

Win a Million Dollars with MLB 2K11

This is a discussion on Win a Million Dollars with MLB 2K11 within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-06-2011, 08:19 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Win a Million Dollars with MLB 2K11

2K Sports Announces Return of $1 Million Perfect Game Competition in Major League Baseball® 2K11

Second instant millionaire to be awarded historic prize for pitching perfection

New York, NY – January 7, 2011 – Following the success of last year’s historic skill-based cash prize contest, 2K Sports announced today that it will once again award $1,000,000 to the first person to pitch a verified perfect game in Major League Baseball® 2K11, the next edition in the popular Major League Baseball 2K series. The race to perfection will commence on Major League Baseball’s Opening Day, April 1, 2011, giving gamers nearly a month to practice with the game before embarking on a quest that only 20 pitchers in baseball history have accomplished. Refined pitching mechanics and an expanded entry pool make this year’s competition even more challenging, as the contest will be open for participants aged 13 and older. Available for Xbox LIVE®* and the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system through the PlayStation®Network**, the Major League Baseball® 2K11 Perfect Game Challenge looks to crown a successor to last year’s perfect game champion, Wade McGilberry of Semmes, Alabama.

“It was an incredible feeling when 2K Sports showed up at my doorstep,” said Wade McGilberry, who won the contest using the Atlanta Braves against the New York Mets. “I never thought I’d actually get paid for playing Major League Baseball 2K10, or any video game. It really can happen to you – winning one million dollars changed my life forever.”

“2K Sports made video game history last year by giving away $1 million in the Perfect Game Challenge,” said Jason Argent vice president of marketing at 2K Sports. “We’re thrilled to be giving our fans – from skilled players to novices – another shot at the prize money with Major League Baseball 2K11. Our cover athlete, Roy Halladay of the Philadelphia Phillies, is one of those rare pitchers to have thrown a perfect game and we think that it’s only fitting that he’ll be inspiring gamers to step onto the mound for their chance at perfection.”

Gamers can begin their pre-season workout with the Major League Baseball 2K series at a reduced price of $29.99 for Major League Baseball 2K10. This special price reflects the intense competition that is expected from this year’s chance at the $1 million prize.

Developed by Visual Concepts, a 2K Sports studio, Major League Baseball 2K11 is rated E for Everyone by the ESRB and will be available on March 8, 2011.

2K Sports is a division of 2K, a wholly owned publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).

* This contest is not sponsored by Microsoft.
** Sony Computer Entertainment America takes no responsibility for this offer.

Rules and Regulations
Game must be played on the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system for Microsoft or PlayStation 3. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia (D.C.), who are 13 or older (excluding residents of AZ, CT, MD, ND, & VT). Void in AZ, CT, MD, ND, VT and where prohibited. Begins on 4/1/11 at 12:00:01 PM ET and ends at 11: 59: 59 PM ET on 9/28/11 or upon winner verification, whichever occurs first. Contest subject to, and entrants agree to be bound by, the official rules located at www.2KSports.com/perfectgame. Grand prize is subject to winner verification. Grand prize will only be awarded if an eligible entrant throws a perfect game by 9/28/11 in accordance with the official rules.
Platform: Xbox 360
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2011, 05:10 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 7
If 2k sports can give away 1 million dollars for this every year, they can definitely come out with College Hoops 2k11. #ImJustSayin
Old 01-07-2011, 01:55 AM   #3
Banned

tweezy90's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Win a Million Dollars with MLB 2K11

do you have to buy the game or can you rent it and attempt the no hitter
Old 01-07-2011, 11:45 AM   #4
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
someone will win on the 1st day theyre allowed this year as well.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:40 PM   #5
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

How is this veriried? Don't you have to actually record the whole thing?

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2011, 12:23 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
How is this veriried? Don't you have to actually record the whole thing?
Yeah.. there's actually a very lengthy and complicated steps you need to do to record and get the thing on tape. This place was just chaotic with it last year. But, someone did it on day 1. Got everything correctly done.
Old 02-12-2011, 12:40 PM   #7
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithdynasty
If 2k sports can give away 1 million dollars for this every year, they can definitely come out with College Hoops 2k11. #ImJustSayin
Great point lol
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 03-09-2011, 05:15 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

okay i tried to get a hold of someone bout the contest to find out more details about it my name is Steven Fraga and i was just interested on everything like who to get a hold of if i completed the task and how do they know who will be the first one to actually complete the task and such will email me for my phone number asap thank you bye. o and my email is [email protected]

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »