Home

Madden NFL 12 Interview with Ian Cummings - SOK and Tuner Sets (ESPN The Gamer)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Interview with Ian Cummings - SOK and Tuner Sets (ESPN The Gamer) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-09-2011, 07:44 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: Madden NFL 12 Interview with Ian Cummings - SOK and Tuner Sets (ESPN The Gamer)

I admit, I haven't purchased Madden since it came to the "next generation" of consoles, but really.... With all of the negatives this game has, EA chooses to lead with fake on-sides kicks?

I am with Jersey... EA has a lot of work to do on the existing game without the addition of new problems (Oops, I mean features)
Old 02-09-2011, 08:12 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 5
I believe this whole tuner set thing is just another gimmick. They normally are called sliders. Its a very early out in my opinion. You want more surprise onside kicks..well here's another tuner set..Less fumbles well here's another one. A better game > you'll have to wait till next year , sorry. My only hope is that Ea continues to be exposed. That they drop the hold on this NFL license and let a better team come and develop a real representation of this sport. A decade of underachievement...Well at least they introduced the vision cone a couple years back....
Old 02-09-2011, 08:23 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 12 Interview with Ian Cummings - SOK and Tuner Sets (ESPN The Gamer)

Man if only EA understood this message...its a GAME let the GAMER decide.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2011, 08:36 PM   #12
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by a walrus
I believe this whole tuner set thing is just another gimmick.
Did you by chance play NCAA '11 or NHL '11? If so, then I don't see how anyone could call tuner sets a gimmick. Both games benefitted significantly from tuner sets over the course of the games life. NCAA especially, since I witnessed first hand how much better the game got from start to finish, most of that due to tuner sets.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 02-09-2011, 09:28 PM   #13
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Tuner sets are great news folks, especially if you are familiar with NCAA. Onside kicks was just an appetizer of what is to come.

We already knew they weren't touching franchise mode and I wouldn't expect any game play/presentation news.

Looks like we find out in a month or so a bit of new info.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:07 PM   #14
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

I am surprised with the Keisel beard talk all week, EA didn't pick up on that and add ability to adjust your players facial hair during playoff run. Haha

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 02-09-2011, 10:28 PM   #15
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Did you by chance play NCAA '11 or NHL '11? If so, then I don't see how anyone could call tuner sets a gimmick. Both games benefitted significantly from tuner sets over the course of the games life. NCAA especially, since I witnessed first hand how much better the game got from start to finish, most of that due to tuner sets.
I like the tuner sets in NHL. I really didn't like the way they implemented them in NCAA. I honestly felt like they were an afterthought. I mean when did the last one come out? There hasn't been a peep from those guys in Months. I would've thought we could've got something around the BCS championship game. I love NCAA 11 and am still in 2 OD's but NCAA is far from perfect and could've used an aditional tuner or two IMO.

I also like how in NHL you can choose which tuner set you want to use. I don't understand how that can be in one game and not another? That NEEDS to be an option in Madden 12.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2011, 10:50 PM   #16
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
I like the tuner sets in NHL. I really didn't like the way they implemented them in NCAA. I honestly felt like they were an afterthought. I mean when did the last one come out? There hasn't been a peep from those guys in Months. I would've thought we could've got something around the BCS championship game. I love NCAA 11 and am still in 2 OD's but NCAA is far from perfect and could've used an aditional tuner or two IMO.

I also like how in NHL you can choose which tuner set you want to use. I don't understand how that can be in one game and not another? That NEEDS to be an option in Madden 12.
I'm with you on this whole post. They are definitely not a gimmick though no matter how you put it. Especially when you look at the abundance of people who complain about patches taking too long.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »