Home

DiRT 3 Developer Interview with Exclusive Coverage

This is a discussion on DiRT 3 Developer Interview with Exclusive Coverage within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-09-2011, 08:20 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
DiRT 3 Developer Interview with Exclusive Coverage

InsideSimRacing has posted this video interview with Paul Coleman, the Producer of DiRT 3. They talk about the subtle differences between DiRT 2 and DiRT 3, as well as the obvious changes, like the addition of Gymkhana.
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2011, 12:11 PM   #2
Rookie

jms493's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: DiRT 3 Developer Interview with Exclusive Coverage

Sweet cant wait!!
Old 02-10-2011, 12:16 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 19

Good to hear this guy has taken DiRT 3 back to its rally roots. I prefer the CMR games to the direction of the first 2 DiRT games.

Jessica Lopez FTW!
Old 02-10-2011, 05:58 PM   #4
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

I'm really looking forward to this game. I liked Dirt 1 more than Dirt 2 and it looks like Dirt 3 is going to be the best of both.
Old 02-10-2011, 06:06 PM   #5
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23

Physics "stepped back" to ease the learning curve. An odd choice considering how much they are going on about making the game more about rally racing ... a driving style not popular with lamestream gamers.

4 enviros - 8 routes each = 32 total rally races

More rally than DiRT2...but don't think 'most' rally of any CMR game. Sounds a bit underwhelming when compared to the number of environments in the later CMR games. I think he mentioned 100+ tracks in the game so still leaves a big chunk that isn't rally.

Finland, Norway, Michigan and Kenya

Most of the bases are cover - gravel, snow, dirt and safari. I am sure they will throw some asphalt stages in here and there but missing is a pure asphalt rally like Japan or France.

No dynamic weather / day cycle - based on each track

"A stage could have three different weather conditions associated with it. However, that stage will only ever hold that one condition because our stages are shorter, and we want to give a feeling of progressing through a rally event." [from Eurogamer]

Last edited by lnin0; 02-13-2011 at 02:37 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2011, 01:35 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnin0
Physics "stepped back" to ease the learning curve. An odd choice considering how much they are going on about making the game more about rally racing ... a driving style not popular with lamestream gamers.

4 enviros - 8 routes each = 32 total rally races

More rally than DiRT2...but don't think 'most' rally of any CMR game. Sounds a bit underwhelming when compared to the number of environments in the later CMR games. I think he mentioned 100+ tracks in the game so still leaves a big chunk that isn't rally.

Finland, Norway, Michigan and Kenya

Most of the bases are cover - gravel, snow, dirt and safari. I am sure they will throw some asphalt stages in here and there but missing is a pure asphalt rally like Japan or France.

No dynamic weather / day cycle - based on each track

"A stage could have three different weather conditions associated with it. However, that stage will only ever hold that one condition because our stages are shorter, and we want to give a feeling of progressing through a rally event." [from Eurogamer]
Hey, I couldn't watch the video, but I was wondering if I could get some specificity. When you say 4 enviros and 8 routes each, does that mean 8 different locations? Or does that mean like, a Michigan track has 8 different types of routes, while all taking place in the same general Michigan spot?

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »