Home

Analyst: Take Two 'Would Accept' Activision Takeover Bid

This is a discussion on Analyst: Take Two 'Would Accept' Activision Takeover Bid within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-14-2011, 03:10 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Analyst: Take Two 'Would Accept' Activision Takeover Bid

It seems at least one Analyst feels a $20-$22 bid to takeover Take Two would be sufficient and would result in the company accepting that bid -- at least if the report by MCV -- the outlet responsible for the rumor in the first place -- is accurate.

Quote:
"Analyst says $20-$22 per share bid would be sufficient; Says interest might spark rival bid from EA.

One US analyst has predicted that publisher Take-Two would accept a takeover bid of around $20-$22 per share from rival company Activision."

It's interesting MCV's analyst reports Take Two would accept this bid when they turned down a bid rumored at around $25 in 2008. However, that price was also in the inflated stock market of 2008, where a lot of irrational exuberance and inflated stock prices was the story of the day. Today those same conditions are around almost everywhere except video game stocks, which are still quite suppressed.

And let's be honest, the second line of the opening paragraph of the MCV news story is the more important one -- to say EA would allow Activision to acquire Take Two without any counter-offer is probably naive at best. This is all assuming that MCV isn't just circulating rumors in order to get a jump on a story that just might not happen.

Bottom Line: These two companies are certainly talking -- where there is smoke there is fire. But beyond the problem of a price, which is going to be a big sticking point, there is the problem of culture conflicts between both companies in many ways. As far as what this might mean for the 2K Sports brand, I'll get to that on my blog soon enough!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2011, 03:27 PM   #2
Rookie

VoltronViking's Arena

OVR: 2
I wonder if Activision would be more agressive in aquiring NFL license and reboot the college hoops series...If so, go ACTIVISION GO!!!
Old 02-14-2011, 03:30 PM   #3
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17
"Says interest might spark rival bid from EA."

That line is BAD NEWS..........if EA counters with a better offer..........goodbye NBA 2k.
Old 02-14-2011, 03:34 PM   #4
MVP

kennyacid's Arena

OVR: 30
yup and all ill be left with for sports is MLB The Show because they lazy with Madden , dont know about Elite, dont play hockey, soccer or golf smh
Old 02-14-2011, 03:35 PM   #5
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Analyst: Take Two 'Would Accept' Activision Takeover Bid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
"Says interest might spark rival bid from EA."

That line is BAD NEWS..........if EA counters with a better offer..........goodbye NBA 2k.
Who says Activision wouldn't continue bidding? Who says Take Two wants to be acquired by EA? We're all making giant assumptions in this case, methinks.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2011, 04:16 PM   #6
Pro

videlsports's Arena

OVR: 25
I wish Warner Brothers would grab take two entertainment.. they would have some more room to grow than with Activision, but it still would be better than EA..
Old 02-14-2011, 05:04 PM   #7
C*rr*ntly *n L*f* T*lt

USF11's Arena

OVR: 19
I just did a thesis for my Masters in Financial Analysis on T2. There is not a chance in hell they sell it, During a Non-GTA period in the business cycle.

They finally cleaned up their act and got rid of a ton of dead weight. 15-20% growth over the next 5 years is not out of the realm of possibility.
Old 02-14-2011, 05:37 PM   #8
Rookie

cajunspice's Arena

OVR: 0
Hmmm. Hope this happens, but then again, I kinda don't. This acquisition MAY ignite some more football-related competition between EA sports and 2K sports which would be great! Although, I feel like Activision is the wrong company to be doing this just because they are in it just for the money for the most part. In the end, T2 should be bigger and needs to get bigger, and Activision will do this, but I'd rather Sony take over instead because we all know that they make WAY better sports games

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »