Home

UPDATE: OS on The LaVar Arrington Show w/ Chad Dukes, Talking Sam Keller/EA (Podcast)

This is a discussion on UPDATE: OS on The LaVar Arrington Show w/ Chad Dukes, Talking Sam Keller/EA (Podcast) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-15-2011, 02:51 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
UPDATE: OS on The LaVar Arrington Show w/ Chad Dukes, Talking Sam Keller/EA (Podcast)

Sam Keller is having another day in court today in his suit filed against EA and the NCAA. While that's going on, be sure to check out our very own Executive Editor Chris Sanner on the "The LaVar Arrington Show with Chad Dukes" at 4:30 EST to discuss the case and what it might mean for college video games and NCAA Athletes everywhere.

You can listen to the broadcast live on The Fan's online website!

UPDATE: For those that missed it, click here to listen.
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2011, 04:10 PM   #2
Rookie

cajunspice's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: OS Will be Live on 106.7 The Fan in Washington DC at 4:30 EST Talking Sam Keller/

Not quite sure what the case is on, but it seems like it will benefit the fans if Sam wins the suit. Can anyone enlighten me as to what the case is about please?
Old 02-15-2011, 04:28 PM   #3
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Here's some of my past blogs on this Cajun:

http://www.operationsports.com/MMChrisS/blog/12173-sam-keller-a-threat-to-ea-sports-the-ncaaand-hollywood/

http://www.operationsports.com/MMChrisS/blog/6680-one-more-small-note-on-the-ongoing-ncaa-lawsuits/

http://www.operationsports.com/news/456917/new-york-times-on-sam-kellerea-lawsuit-its-about-much-more-than-video-games/?page=4
Old 02-15-2011, 04:29 PM   #4
Rookie

I'm on it! Already listening, preciate the info/tip!
Old 02-15-2011, 04:34 PM   #5
Rookie

over9000yards's Arena

OVR: 9
Just read about it. Sam Keller, a former NCAA QB at the Arizona State and Nebraska, is sueing EA, the NCAA, and some licensing company because he claims that EA football and basketball games use likenesses of college athletes without permission, and that the NCAA knowingly lets this happen.

I think that he has a VERY good case, because the NCAA rules specifically prohibits likenesses of athletes from being used.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2011, 04:37 PM   #6
Rookie

cajunspice's Arena

Re: OS Will be Live on 106.7 The Fan in Washington DC at 4:30 EST Talking Sam Keller/

Thanks, listening to it now.
Old 02-15-2011, 04:42 PM   #7
Rookie

cajunspice's Arena

They could have gotten by this by setting all the heights and weights to the same like 5'8" 150 lbs and setup a roster database to download the rosters from a 3rd party
Old 02-15-2011, 04:42 PM   #8
MVP

When I was an NCAA athlete I signed something at the beginning of the year that said the NCAA could use my likeness. Basically you are giving up your likeness to the NCAA to be allowed to participate in college sports. Since it is a privilege and not a right you never had to sign that piece of paper or accept your scholarship. I think this will get thrown out as the NCAA in the past has been allowed to hold a monopoly over their athletes. They already make a profit off their athletes athletic ability so why can't they off of their likeness?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »