Home

EA/NFL Extend NFL Exclusive License by One Year to 2013

This is a discussion on EA/NFL Extend NFL Exclusive License by One Year to 2013 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-17-2011, 07:59 AM   #433
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: EA/NFL Extend NFL Exclusive License by One Year to 2013

^^^^

Well kehlis. Now you have your first post about someone being happy about this deal. SMH
Old 02-17-2011, 08:31 AM   #434
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieV
I don't think anywhere close to 5 million people paid $60 for M11. One million of those sales were on PSP/PS2/Wii, first of all. Secondly, there were all kinds of discounted pre-orders this year, and everybody was selling it at $29.99 pretty much from Thanksgiving until Christmas.
Tomato - tomata. His point still holds weight. Madden itself is profitable even with the exclusive license.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
To this day it amazes me how many madden fans seem to relish in the idea that Madden is the only option. I often ask myself if these guys have ever popped in Madden 08 or 09 on ps2 and noticed how much less Madden 11 on current system actually delivered? And they get charged an additional $10-20 to play the new version.
I know that the previous generation of Madden's offered a layer of depth that is still unmatched on the PS3/360. But beyond that, I'm still shocked at how much praise those games get.

I recall a few years ago that the biggest gripe with Madden was the line play. There was never a pocket -- just a wall of linemen doing the shuffle. This was a big-big-big issue, or at least it was portrayed to be in several forums. Now the line play is better than it has ever been in Madden IMO, yet there is a faction of folks who'll prefer to play the prev gen Madden with the abysmal line play.

Without straying too far off topic, I guess my point is that if realism is what people clamor for in Madden (and they do), how can people enjoy the previous Maddens so much? I think that the current Maddens from a gameplay standpoint are arguably more realistic than the previous gen editions. That doesn't mean today's game is more fun or more balanced -- just talking in terms of realism.

Not at all challenging you KJ, just making a point.

Last edited by RGiles36; 02-17-2011 at 09:35 AM.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:39 AM   #435
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
Tomato - tomata.

I recall a few years ago that the biggest gripe with Madden was the line play. There was never a pocket -- just a wall of linemen doing the shuffle. This was a big-big-big issue, or at least it was portrayed to be in several forums. Now the line play is better than it has ever been in Madden IMO, yet there is a faction of folks who'll prefer to play the prev gen Madden with the abysmal line play.

Without straying too far off topic, I guess my point is that if realism is what people clamor for in Madden (and they do), how can people enjoy the previous Maddens so much? I think that the current Maddens from a gameplay standpoint are arguably more realistic than what the previous gen editions. That doesn't mean today's game is more fun or more balanced -- just talking in terms of realism.

I agree with this.

Presentation is not even close to where it should be, but after Decembers patch, the game play on the field has been real good defensively. I almost tossed the game aside and traded it in before the last patch. I'm glad I didn't as the game is playing some of the best that I've seen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2011, 08:55 AM   #436
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
Tomato - tomata. His point still holds weight. Madden itself is profitable even with the exclusive license.

I know that the previous generation of Madden's offered a layer of depth that is still unmatched on the PS3/360. But beyond that, I'm still shocked at how much praise those games get.

Without straying too far off topic, I guess my point is that if realism is what people clamor for in Madden (and they do), how can people enjoy the previous Maddens so much? I think that the current Maddens from a gameplay standpoint are arguably more realistic than what the previous gen editions. That doesn't mean today's game is more fun or more balanced -- just talking in terms of realism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I agree with this.

Presentation is not even close to where it should be, but after Decembers patch, the game play on the field has been real good defensively. I almost tossed the game aside and traded it in before the last patch. I'm glad I didn't as the game is playing some of the best that I've seen.

I've wondered this myself many times. The only answers I can come up with is either people really care more about the extra modes than gameplay, or pure nostalgia.

As much as I critique Madden 11, I would say that it is probably the best Madden game ever, in terms of gameplay. How anyone can think that PS2 Madden is better, in terms of gameplay, is beyond me.

I don't know. Maybe I'm in the Twilight Zone or something, but as a savvy gamer who's seen a couple decades of gaming evolution, it's hard to look back, critically, and say that Madden was ever a great depiction of the game of Football. It's had the same issues since the very first Madden on consoles.

Having said that, almost none of the issues of the past iterations have been eliminated, but some of them have been at least lessened in subsequent years, so by default, the gameplay is better than it's ever been.

For what ever that's worth.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:59 AM   #437
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

It is seems like the last 6 years(current gen) has been on a rebulding stage . I understood up to Madden 08, but it never took the next step yet. It seems like a 5-11 team up to 08. Madden have been taking baby steps. It seems like there will not be a complete game until there is a another game on the horizon.
I have some faith in MAdden 12. If they can overhaul Franchise, SS, Defense I will be in. This is a big year for most people. There has to be a Huge leap with Madden 12. I never thought I would see a year where NCAA was completely better than Madden, I still play NCAA.
Madden 12 will regardlessly sell well and get high rating from sites that doesnt think highly of them. When you always sell well and get high rating there isnt a huge reason to improve fast.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:40 AM   #438
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
I haven't read all the posts on this thread, and don't care to, but there is no doubt that there are people out there, that are happy about Madden being the only NFL game. They are the same types of people that wish for the PS3/360 to fail, so that their console is the only console.

It's all about bragging rights to them, even though they are too moronic to realize that they aren't "part of the team", and the only people that benefit from situations like that are the product makers, and not the consumers.
This is exactly right, but I saw a lot more defending going on back in 2005 when the deal happened. By this point, it's probably only 1 out of a 100 who are happy about Madden being the only game in town.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:44 AM   #439
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieV
This is exactly right, but I saw a lot more defending going on back in 2005 when the deal happened. By this point, it's probably only 1 out of a 100 who are happy about Madden being the only game in town.
I'm not happy at all about it being the only licensed game in town, but I think you are under estimating the other 5 or 6 million that purchase the game. No way that it is 1 in 100 who are happy.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:02 AM   #440
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I'm not happy at all about it being the only licensed game in town, but I think you are under estimating the other 5 or 6 million that purchase the game. No way that it is 1 in 100 who are happy.
Didn't say it was 1 out of 100 who are happy with Madden -- but rather, 1 out of 100 who are happy with it being the only game in town.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »