Home

EA/NFL Extend NFL Exclusive License by One Year to 2013

This is a discussion on EA/NFL Extend NFL Exclusive License by One Year to 2013 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-19-2011, 01:14 PM   #537
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16
You do realize that madden doesn't have to put a good game at this point. The name madden is the only name associated with football gaming, they can put out a remake of techmo bowl for madden 12 and still make a profit. Posting in forums is not going to make a difference, do it with your wallet. That is the only language that businesses know, money. I for one will always buy madden because as long as there are real NFL names attached to a game, I'm gonna buy it.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 02-19-2011, 01:51 PM   #538
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: EA/NFL Extend NFL Exclusive License by One Year to 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymee13
You do realize that madden doesn't have to put a good game at this point. The name madden is the only name associated with football gaming, they can put out a remake of techmo bowl for madden 12 and still make a profit. Posting in forums is not going to make a difference, do it with your wallet. That is the only language that businesses know, money. I for one will always buy madden because as long as there are real NFL names attached to a game, I'm gonna buy it.
I give people more credit than that, if I loaded up the Madden 12 demo and it looked like Madden Arcade, I am not buying it. I put a lot of time into these games, not just stare at the cover or the title screen at the name.

Madden is good for marketing, but the name has had little to do with the game for years.
Old 02-19-2011, 04:45 PM   #539
Banned

OVR: 1
Madden has people hooked. Over the years they have continued to put out a garbage game, and guess what, people continue to buy it. We all have to remember that the average gamer, does not come on websites like OS or even go to the forums over on EA sports site. So they don't even realize they are playing a flawed game, they just know that they are playing Madden. And these people are the ones that EA knows are going to continue buying their games. They are not trying to sell a "Good" football game. They just want to sell Madden to the people who like playing Madden.

It's a pretty messed up situation and I question the integrity of an company who decides to do this. It's also weird though because, NCAA 11 is actually a good football game. I think it's the best football game to come out on this generation of consoles. And the reason I believe NCAA keeps getting better is because they are competing against Madden even though they are brothers. Madden has no one to compete with because it's the only pro game, and they really don't compete against NCAA because Madden always outsells it. I don't know, its very frustrating because I like to play pro football games, but I refuse to ever buy Madden again until it is a whole new game.

I think what probably needs to happen is what happened with NBA Elite. Us as gamers need to find a terrible bug in the game (because you know there will be one), and just put EA on blast. We need to embarrass, humiliate, and clown them with videos, funny blogs, funny captions, whatever we can to make them feel that they are failures. But wait, there's not another football gamers could go buy, so they probably won't care
Old 02-19-2011, 07:24 PM   #540
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Big freaking deal. This gen has been the gen without a great nfl football game anyways. We can hope next gen is better. Ill just go with a sim game. Ill try each madden but it will be rental or used though.
Old 02-20-2011, 08:54 AM   #541
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
Where did you get that from? Do you realize that this started with EA asking for "relief" of the payouts due to the possible lockout. What's not being told is that the request for relief is NOT just related to the lockout. EA is NOT making the money you're implying. But, whatever.
EA may not be making money from this but it’s not "hurting" them. I was reading an article on CNBC and EA has no debt. I found that interesting as this seems to prove that EA makes smart decisions for a big company to have no debt. I think this also shows that EA has the money to extend the license as well.
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2011, 02:27 PM   #542
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
I give people more credit than that, if I loaded up the Madden 12 demo and it looked like Madden Arcade, I am not buying it. I put a lot of time into these games, not just stare at the cover or the title screen at the name.

Madden is good for marketing, but the name has had little to do with the game for years.
You give people too much credit. The millions made on Snuggies, Furbies and Pet rocks tell me people will buy anything if it is marketed well.

Current gen Madden 06-09 are regarded as terrible games, even by most die hard Madden fans. How is it that Madden 10 and 11, (which are much improved products) didn't sell astronomically more units? The answer, imo, is that the NFL and its players has been the driving force behind the sales the whole time and the actual game quality is a distant second to that.
Old 02-20-2011, 04:48 PM   #543
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
You give people too much credit. The millions made on Snuggies, Furbies and Pet rocks tell me people will buy anything if it is marketed well.

Current gen Madden 06-09 are regarded as terrible games, even by most die hard Madden fans. How is it that Madden 10 and 11, (which are much improved products) didn't sell astronomically more units? The answer, imo, is that the NFL and its players has been the driving force behind the sales the whole time and the actual game quality is a distant second to that.
And just like Snuggies, Pet Rocks, and Furbies, there's a market and a target audience. America is overweight, if we take a bite of something we don't like, most aren't going to finish eating it.

As for the sales numbers posts (back to this topic again in record time), I defer to my previous posts just a page or two back that were ignored.
Old 02-20-2011, 06:13 PM   #544
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
And just like Snuggies, Pet Rocks, and Furbies, there's a market and a target audience. America is overweight, if we take a bite of something we don't like, most aren't going to finish eating it.

As for the sales numbers posts (back to this topic again in record time), I defer to my previous posts just a page or two back that were ignored.
I am referencing your numbers from a few pages back. They support what I'm saying. Sales are basically flat on HD consoles, yet the quality of Madden 11 is much higher than Madden 09.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »