Home

NBA 2K12 Should Get Redunkulous (IGN)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 Should Get Redunkulous (IGN) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-20-2011, 03:19 PM   #1
MVP

wrestlinggod1's Arena

OVR: 13
NBA 2K12 Should Get Redunkulous (IGN)

IGN has posted an interesting article on how to implement NBA All-Star weekend, into NBA 2K12. More specifically, the dunk contest.

What about you? Have any ideas?

Quote:
"The challenge is finding a way to enable gamers to tap into the creativity seen in the dunk contest. My suggestion: Turn the dunk contest into a strategy game.

Rather than controlling the player during the dunk contest, instead have gamers plan out the dunk in detail. You set where the player starts, how they receive the ball, the path to the basket, whatever combination of dunks to pull off. Add a teammate? Sure. Place them on the court and select how they interact (there really are only a few ways they can be involved, right?). Provide a large selection of props – let the fans tell 2K in advance what they want in the game – and give them the ability to place and use them as needed. You are the choreographer.

Every dunker has a rating and every dunk design has a difficulty level, which increases as you add in more complexity to the slam. As the difficulty rating rises towards equaling the dunker's rating, the chances for success diminish. The safer the dunk, the more likely the execution will be perfect. But safe doesn't win dunk contests. Can you find the balance between the right level of difficulty and your dunker's prowess?"
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360

Go MIAMI Teams!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2011, 03:49 PM   #2
MVP

stlducks's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NBA 2K12 Should get Redunkulous

I think it is a good idea. I haven't played the dunk challenge since 09 or somewhere around there bc I could never ge the gather timed right
Old 02-20-2011, 03:55 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: NBA 2K12 Should get Redunkulous

Yeah the Dunk Contest in Street Mode is wack as well as the three point contest.

I played the rookie/soph game on Friday and there was a whole day on the Calander that was blank. That should have been the challenges.

Improve both dunk and three and insert them into All-Star weekend.
Old 02-20-2011, 04:45 PM   #4
MVP

Clarke_311's Arena

OVR: 20
Give this man a job 2K! I love this idea.
Old 02-20-2011, 05:41 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0
noooooooooo. Dumb idea. This is a perfect example of people with their knee jerk reactions, after seeing something. Just stop, focus on the game like you been doing. My player mode still needs work, 5 on 5 can still get better. Graphics can even get better. Because im sorry MLB The Show sets the standards as far as sports games go right now, and its not even close. and im not even a baseball fan like that. So thats saying something. How often are/would you play a dunk contest any way. You should use your resources on what you will be playing and seeing the most.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2011, 05:53 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 30
Live 05 (I didn't get 06...or did I? Ha, I don't rememba) had it RIGHT!! I DO like the idea here, as well. If the two can be combined, whoa!
Old 02-20-2011, 06:13 PM   #7
MVP

CX1329's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: NBA 2K12 Should Get Redunkulous (IGN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbombbay
noooooooooo. Dumb idea. This is a perfect example of people with their knee jerk reactions, after seeing something. Just stop, focus on the game like you been doing. My player mode still needs work, 5 on 5 can still get better. Graphics can even get better. Because im sorry MLB The Show sets the standards as far as sports games go right now, and its not even close. and im not even a baseball fan like that. So thats saying something. How often are/would you play a dunk contest any way. You should use your resources on what you will be playing and seeing the most.

PLEASE DON'T ADD MORE FEATURES I'M AVERTED TO FEATURES.

Considering how much of a jump 2K11 was compared to 2K10, they can add PLENTY of new things each year and still improve the game in every regard. So it's only fair that people expect 2K to keep on innovating, as opposed to stagnating a la Konami and their Pro Evolution Soccer series before this year's edition. Sure, complaining about Kobe's feet being one inch bigger in the game than in real life is too much, but asking for a new feature isn't unreasonable.
Old 02-20-2011, 07:30 PM   #8
MVP

wrestlinggod1's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: NBA 2K12 Should Get Redunkulous (IGN)

I would love for this to be implemented. If I come up with a dunk in my mind that looks spectacular, I shouldn't get penalized for not being able to quickly twist around an analog stick.

Go MIAMI Teams!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »