Home

MLB 2K11 Video: Philadelphia Phillies vs. Colorado Rockies

This is a discussion on MLB 2K11 Video: Philadelphia Phillies vs. Colorado Rockies within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-22-2011, 01:20 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: MLB 2K11 Video: Philadelphia Phillies vs. Colorado Rockies

Quote:
Originally Posted by econoodle
First Quick Impression: what in the heck is up with that fielding cam?

more to come
Well, it isn't a fielding cam. That camera is probably specific to being on offense while you control your baserunners. I imagine the actual fielding camera will be more helpful IF a human player is on defense.
Old 02-22-2011, 01:20 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by econoodle
First Quick Impression: what in the heck is up with that fielding cam?
That's only the view while hitting; when playing in the field, the view is more traditional.
Old 02-22-2011, 01:31 PM   #11

OVR: 34

I'm pretty impressed with the crowds reaction. You really get a home field advantage feeling. There's a big presentation sense going on with the commentators talking and the crowd going nuts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2011, 01:32 PM   #12
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Looks pretty good. I'm surprised they showed a night game since the day games looked the best in 2K10, but it does look better than the night games in 2K10.

I like when you go to the substitution/bullpen screen, you can actually see the player ratings and the other team's bench. I've been wanting this for awhile.

Commentary sounds great
Old 02-22-2011, 01:33 PM   #13
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

OVR: 12

Some very good and some same ol same ol. The robotic "aaaand...1,2,3 and 1,2,3" animation where the fielders take the ball in and then make a throw its almost as you can tell the animation sequences and where they were put together. Its almost choppy. I did like wat I saw. One thing that has alwyas drawn me to 2K and it def hit me in this video was the depth of field and the sheer SIZE of the stadiums. I mean, take away the players for a moment and just look at the stadium from the box and I mean it gives me the feeling like I am there. The color, the size and just the way it comes at your face I love. I kinda thought that fountain squirt was a littel cheesy. Didnt know coors field had a bidet in CF!!!! LMAO
Old 02-22-2011, 01:35 PM   #14
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

OVR: 14

Colour me impressed game looks like a big improvement from last year. Quick thoughts, starting with the negatives to get those out of the way:

- player models are better but still need work. Contreras looks awful lol. Player faces are much better but Manuel's face? Umm, yeah...

- still need better transitions from animation to animation. Looks unnatural at times.

- wasn't impressed by the grounder to Utley because he never actually went down and got the rolling grounder. It just sort of warped in his glove.

Now, onto the positives:

- love, love, LOVE the camera when you hit the ball. So freakin' cool.

- commentary = awesome

- the opposite field homer actually looked proper. Batter waited on the ball to get a little deeper in the zone and hit it opo. Looked natural, unlike years past. In general, bat to ball contact is better but (can't believe I'm saying this) both this game AND The Show have a ways to go to catch up to MVP 05 (!) when it comes to this aspect. Still, much improved though the above post about the high pitch resulting in a grounder is mildly concerning.

- fielding in general looks much better, aside from the Utley grounder.

- love the called ball on the pitch on the "black". Last year, that's a strike 10 out of 10 times.

- lineup/bullpen menus looked nice.

There's many more things I was thinking as the video was playing but those are the things that jump out at me after one view. This game looks like it's gonna be a keeper!
Old 02-22-2011, 01:40 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 6

Biggest difference I noticed (other than the camera) was the crowd noise. Much better this year. Really had the feel of the 8th inning in a close playoff game.

Everything else looked about the same as MLB 2k10. Basically what I expected, a couple bells and whistles added but mostly trying to fix the issues that they couldn't get to in 2k10.
NBA: Charlotte Hornets
NHL: Carolina Hurricanes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2011, 01:41 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 5

wow! the game atmosphere felt really great, as well as the feel of the bat when it makes contact with the ball...

Love the commentary!!!

this franchise is taking steps in the right direction.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »