Home

MLB 11 The Show Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-22-2011, 07:44 PM   #17
MVP

sink4ever's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: MLB 11 The Show Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

Anybody else hit from the pitcher/outfield/broadcast view? I've always done so and now I'm using analog hitting. I must be doing something wrong, when I press up and to the left with a right handed batter the PCI or whatever is over the inside part of the plate. It seems like it's reacting as though I'm hitting from behind the batter. Anyone know if I need to change a setting?
Old 02-22-2011, 07:45 PM   #18
Rookie

catch212's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny_b
tryin the demo,

no way to pitch from the pitcher's POV, i take it...?

_
You can change it after warm-up pitches
Old 02-22-2011, 07:49 PM   #19
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

So I finished my first game lost 3-1, but it was the throwing errors that killed me. I must say that when I first heard about anolog control I was meh to the idea. But I can now see how much fun they can make the game. I don't know if I will use them in my franchise, but I really like them. Throwing and pitching will take some getting used to. I managed to bang out 6 hits, but struck out 7 times. I struggled with inside breaking pitches to my right handed batters from a left handed pitcher.

I mentioned earlier that play with Andrus in the hole. I know that it was mentioned that defensive things were worked on, I like it. If it makes players feel different, then I'm all for it. Last year it seemed like there was no differense between Jeter and Tulo in the field.

Comentary has been mentioned so I will just say this, it sounds like Karros did his recording in a different studio with different acustics. It needs work.

Analog pitching is a nice new addition, you get a very rewarding feeling when you hit your spot perfectly, I also like how your motion is shorted when you go from the stretch.

Anolog Throwing is easy if you are consistant with your thumbs, I am not. It makes things interesting and fun, I don't know if I am a fan of it yet, but it is new and I want to log some more innings with it befor I decide. It's implemented well and simple to perform. Like I said it's all about consistancy with your thumbs.

Anolog hitting is just fun, I managed to hit a tripple with Posey, and a HR with the guy who has the .194 average. I enjoyed the hitting it's a little like a "rock and fire" system, but fun none the less. I managed to have pretty good timing. I was late when I looked soft and got hard stuff, but that is to be expected.

All in all this is going to be another solid year of The Show, and I look forward to it. March 8th can't get here fast enough.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 02-22-2011, 07:49 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 3

Well, first game in: TEX 7 SF 0. Lincecum looked like AJ Burnett and CJ Wilson like Roy Halladay (perfect 4 innings). I seriously have some catching up to do...

Be sure to check out my Padres franchise daily!
Old 02-22-2011, 07:50 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 0

So, my first chance to throw with the new analog system and I go from having a sure double play to launching the ball into left field and letting the run score.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2011, 07:50 PM   #22
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Ish feels buttery smooth! The lighting changes are instantly noticeable, now it's time to see how it progresses awesomely as well. I love all the new camera options, even though the editor isn't allowed yet. I'd like a lower thing like how I'm working with Catcher 4 right now, it reminds me a whole lot of the old 989 games. Real time animations are kicking ***, and player models are definitely helping that as well.

I'm not getting a great feel with defense yet; I know what I'm doing, I just don't know if it's working in the fun way I was expecting just yet. Pitching with the analog stick is great, though it would be cooler if we didn't have any indicators on where the edges of the strike zone was with the ball cursor turned off. I also wish the yellow line changed depending on the height of our pitch, not just its release point based on the pitch type and whether or not there are runners on base.

Analog hitting seems to be my favorite part, and I'm doing it naturally so far. I wouldn't have minded an option to use the left analog stick along with right analog stick stuff, I mean it would just be an option after all.

Time to play more, I only have like 45 minutes left to play this before I work again! Good deal so far. It is another version of The Show, don't expect anything else from it guys. This is a new and improved version, just like '10 was, just like '09 was. We don't get the meat and potatoes in the demo anyway, even though there are a plethora of options! I won't be tweaking sliders until I get the full game though.

Oh, and one complaint so far though I'll have to confirm it going back to '10. I have a pretty good mid-range HT setup (Yamaha RX-V667 receiver) and a Polk CS250s center speaker. The commentary audio sounds very compressed! I want to pop in '10 again to be sure it's just this game where I'm hearing it, but it sounds pretty awful as far as the bitrate goes or what have you. This could very well be intentional to keep the demo to a small size, so we'll see what the developers say or how the retail version turns out. But that was just a small skid mark that I noticed so far.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 02-22-2011, 07:51 PM   #23
MVP

swaldo's Arena

OVR: 20

I like the new analog pitching, but is there any point to aiming before a pitch? Because I can make the ball go where I want without aiming at all. I find the stick very sensitive - sometimes when I want it to go left the ball goes right instead (my fault I guess.) So now I'm no longer aiming. For example if I want a fastball on the low outside corner I just pull up on the stick a bit late then move the stick to the left towards the border. That way the pitch is overthrown (so it goes down) and I can just concentrate on the stick movement. Not sure if there's a penalty for not aiming so I'll need some time to see if it's too easy to get good results.

Hitting is difficult - I also can't hit the side of a barn. Not saying it's bad, just need some time.

+ Do this: throw a pitch way outside and wait. Watch the batters messing around killing time until you setup for the next pitch - I love it!

- Still only 5 pitch repertoire? This game is begging for more, along with a "Hitters Eye." That's the one thing that wasn't borrowed from MVP that should've been.

- Crowds standing on their feet going crazy with nothing going on at times.

- Haven't really figured out fielder throwing yet. I can throw people out but if things get tight I'm not sure I know how to properly utilize it. So many colors in the throwing meter.

Liking it overall so far, not disappointed but need to warm up to the changes.

Last edited by swaldo; 02-22-2011 at 07:53 PM.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:55 PM   #24
MVP

Clarke_311's Arena

OVR: 20

I'm liking the game so far. I'm definately a fan of the analog pitching, it's really makes pitching a lot more fun than in previous years!! I feel like I have to work more now to be able to hit my spots and get outs.

I'm not really liking the analog hitting so much though, but I feel that once I get used to it I'll start to enjoy it a lot more. Same with fielding. Don't really have that great of a feel for it, but hopefully I'll get better when I play more.

Overall all, however, this is a pretty solid demo and I'm happy with what I'm seeing this year. It feels kind of weird compard to '10, but when I played the '09 demo I felt the same way and wasn't sure about getting it but ended up loving it. Only to weeks until March 8th!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »