Home

MLB 11 The Show: Co-op Mode Detailed, Available in Online and Exhibition Only

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show: Co-op Mode Detailed, Available in Online and Exhibition Only within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-23-2011, 08:06 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 7
Re: MLB 11 The Show: Co-op Mode Detailed

Quote:
Originally Posted by strut24
can you do a co-op franchise? can you answer my PM?
Unfortunately, no.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:11 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCoolMan24
Unfortunately, no.
hmm, just for exhibition games? that IS unfortunate
Old 02-23-2011, 08:15 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by strut24
hmm, just for exhibition games? that IS unfortunate
and Online!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2011, 08:18 PM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raskal
and Online!
not much of an online gamer. Would be cool if a friend of mine and I could do a draft together and play thru a co-op season and see how we do. Maybe next year I guess
Old 02-23-2011, 08:31 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 4

can't wait finally going to be able to team-up with my former real life baseball through the stages friends as well as those I met online who had great competition as well as new-comers which I can share hitting knowledge to make more good ball-players
Old 02-23-2011, 09:03 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 0

Here's a ? to you Steve as someone with some actual authority on here. (Or really anyone who actually works for OS).

I frequent this board once and a while and have never felt compelled to login or post before.

But after reading that MLB 11 was gonna have co-op I admit to being excited about a videogame release for the first time in a long while. Imagine how disappointed I was to find out that I could only play 2 player co-op online and pointless exhibitions vs. the computer. After thinking for at least a month that I could finally do a two player franchise you can't imagine how much of a buzzkill this was.

So my question is (if I could pose them to SCEA) Why has it taken you so long to implement a feature that was standard in the abominable ASB franchise back in 2001? Or in MVP NCAA '06? Another question might be why is it so difficult to transfer to franchise when you figured out how to implement it in exhibition? I mean it's like they didn't even try and are simply saving features to add for next year because they have been mailing in the same product for the last several versions and need to slowly unveil features to warrant the purchase of what otherwise is essentially a roster update.

Now back to Steve and the OS writers/employees. Why do you guys not ask any type of question like that to them while at that event where you got you initial impressions? Are you afraid that they would revoke your privileges for next year if you actually challenged them with a question? What's the point of being a member of the press if you're just going to be a shill?

Even if some of that is unfair you can't deny that some of those points are legit; especially the fact that it's taken Sony forever to implement a feature that was in an Acclaim game for crying out loud.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:47 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by speicher619
Here's a ? to you Steve as someone with some actual authority on here. (Or really anyone who actually works for OS).

I frequent this board once and a while and have never felt compelled to login or post before.

But after reading that MLB 11 was gonna have co-op I admit to being excited about a videogame release for the first time in a long while. Imagine how disappointed I was to find out that I could only play 2 player co-op online and pointless exhibitions vs. the computer. After thinking for at least a month that I could finally do a two player franchise you can't imagine how much of a buzzkill this was.

So my question is (if I could pose them to SCEA) Why has it taken you so long to implement a feature that was standard in the abominable ASB franchise back in 2001? Or in MVP NCAA '06? Another question might be why is it so difficult to transfer to franchise when you figured out how to implement it in exhibition? I mean it's like they didn't even try and are simply saving features to add for next year because they have been mailing in the same product for the last several versions and need to slowly unveil features to warrant the purchase of what otherwise is essentially a roster update.

Now back to Steve and the OS writers/employees. Why do you guys not ask any type of question like that to them while at that event where you got you initial impressions? Are you afraid that they would revoke your privileges for next year if you actually challenged them with a question? What's the point of being a member of the press if you're just going to be a shill?

Even if some of that is unfair you can't deny that some of those points are legit; especially the fact that it's taken Sony forever to implement a feature that was in an Acclaim game for crying out loud.
The question about franchise/season co-op was raised at the Community Event and EnigmaNemesis posted about:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2042022905
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2011, 09:58 PM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raskal
The question about franchise/season co-op was raised at the Community Event and EnigmaNemesis posted about:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2042022905
I looked on the page you linked us to but didn't see anything. Do you have a post number so I don't have to go through 50+ pages?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »