Home

Fight Night Champion Videos: Roster and Overall Ratings, Heavyweight Skills

This is a discussion on Fight Night Champion Videos: Roster and Overall Ratings, Heavyweight Skills within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-24-2011, 01:29 PM   #9
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37
I'm not so sure about some of these ratings...Zab Judah an 89??? He was good in his prime but not an 89....Haye higher than Lennox Lewis? Wow. Tyson is only a 92 for his prime? And although Pernell Whitaker was the best of his era and much better than a Floyd Mayweather today...he gets a 94 overall, but Ali gets 93? Wow!
Old 02-24-2011, 04:38 PM   #10
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61
I hate to see so many of them are locked. Not much into the accomplishment stuff......just wanna play some boxing with whoever I want to fight with.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:29 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: Fight Night Champion Videos: Roster and Overall Ratings, Heavyweight Skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by statum71
I hate to see so many of them are locked. Not much into the accomplishment stuff......just wanna play some boxing with whoever I want to fight with.
Except for Young George Foreman that you can only get by Pre-ordering at Best Buy, I think the only guys that are locked are the Champion Mode Clowns with inflated ratings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2011, 06:45 PM   #12
Rookie

The Visualizer's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Fight Night Champion Videos: Roster and Overall Ratings, Heavyweight Skills

The overall ratings are calculated strangely, but the devs did a really good job which each boxer's individual ratings which the exception of a few things here and there that me and my buddy have issues with and will be editing. The overall ratings don't seem to take into the effect the "Skills" portion of a boxer's ratings, just the "Athleticism" which is why some boxers like Zab Judah seem overrated. He has/had physical gifts that a lot of other boxers wish they could have but has always lacked the skills necessary to capitalize on them for the most part.

You have to look deeper into how they rated each of the their punches and the other athleticism categories to really see how they have been able to actually tailor boxers more to their actual styles. Don't get too hung up on comparing the overall ratings of boxers as they won't mean a whole lot from what I see.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »