Home

Top Spin 4 Videos: OS Exclusive - Gameplay: Parts 1 & 2: Andre Agassi vs. Andy Murray

This is a discussion on Top Spin 4 Videos: OS Exclusive - Gameplay: Parts 1 & 2: Andre Agassi vs. Andy Murray within the Tennis forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-25-2011, 08:19 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Top Spin 4 Videos: OS Exclusive - Gameplay: Parts 1 & 2: Andre Agassi vs. Andy Murray

These videos are also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2011, 08:52 AM   #2
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Top Spin 4 Video: OS Exclusive - Gameplay: Part 1 - Andre Agassi vs. Andy Murray

Looks real good, but like every tennis game I've played, the Aces are missing. Really wish someone could figure out how to make a tennis game that isn't lacking Aces.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 02-25-2011, 09:00 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 9
Looks pretty nice, but the problem I had in TS3 with the speed and tempo of the match seems to be present here too. It is a tad faster, it seems, but not enough.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:19 AM   #4
Gaming Fool.

PAPERNUT's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Top Spin 4 Video: OS Exclusive - Gameplay: Part 1 - Andre Agassi vs. Andy Murray

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMH
Looks real good, but like every tennis game I've played, the Aces are missing. Really wish someone could figure out how to make a tennis game that isn't lacking Aces.
I agree 100%. That is part of the strategy of Tennis as the serve is a big weapon for some players and dictates how they win points in most cases. I see it like a football game skipping the kickoff and just having both teams start at the 20 yard line each time. I understand they want to keep things moving in the video game, but those pressure moments of having to guess on serves would be a huge addition.

However, I do see a lot of good things like the off balance floaters and errors as players stretch for balls. That is realistic as it gets. Everything looks balanced between the movements and shots, so it should provide for nice battles between the player styles. I just hope the CPU difficulty is amped up and online servers will be solid to play.
Twitter
YouTube
Old 02-25-2011, 10:15 AM   #5
MVP

ps3veron's Arena

OVR: 11
Looks a lot more "alive" than TS3.

Yah servers will make or break it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2011, 10:55 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 33
Some nice presentation touches. Very hard to judge how it will play until you have the controller in your hands.
Old 02-25-2011, 11:03 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
The crowd sounds pretty good. I liked the fans yelling for the players between points.
Old 02-25-2011, 11:50 AM   #8
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by papernut
I agree 100%. That is part of the strategy of Tennis as the serve is a big weapon for some players and dictates how they win points in most cases. I see it like a football game skipping the kickoff and just having both teams start at the 20 yard line each time. I understand they want to keep things moving in the video game, but those pressure moments of having to guess on serves would be a huge addition.

However, I do see a lot of good things like the off balance floaters and errors as players stretch for balls. That is realistic as it gets. Everything looks balanced between the movements and shots, so it should provide for nice battles between the player styles. I just hope the CPU difficulty is amped up and online servers will be solid to play.
Definitely a lot of good. Aces are the only thing I'll keep complaining over.

But the back-and-forth, the running, the shots, all of it is real nice.

I like the stat overlays: "Longest rally in the game." "This match has been played for 10 minutes." Those are nice touches.

Also like hearing the Public announcer ask the crowd to quiet down. I don't remember that from Top Spin 3.

And just from Murray vs. Agassi you can get a feel for the different styles and strengths. I noticed at one point Andre tired out, but I'm not sure why exactly. I think because he just exerted too much energy reaching for shots on both baselines, but it's still a great inclusion.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis »