Home

MLB 11 The Show Blog: Road to The Show Returns With New Player Performance Evaluator

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show Blog: Road to The Show Returns With New Player Performance Evaluator within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-26-2011, 06:10 AM   #17
Rookie

HawkeyMediaPlus's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: MLB 11 The Show Blog: Road to The Show Returns With New Player Performance Evalua

Ok, think of it like this:

If you constantly swing at pitches out of the zone and hit weak balls, you should get less points. Even if you get a couple fluke singles here and there, the performance thing is telling you that this WILL NOT work in the long run.

But if you keep hitting the ball hard, eventually those will result in hits in the long run even though your "fluke" result was a fly out.

Basically the game is trying to reward you for trying to play the game right. It's trying to pick up on your trends and make sure that you do the right things because if you do the right things, the high percentage plays will be rewarded
Old 02-26-2011, 06:39 AM   #18
Pro

[Icy]'s Arena

OVR: 8
Awesome stuff!

RTTS is the reason of why i buy this game every year, and seems that have worked just on what needed more work, can't wait!
Old 02-27-2011, 05:38 AM   #19
Rookie

willz1985's Arena

OVR: 3
I'm gonna seriously have to start taking pitches now lol

I'm probably the single most impatient batter in the world. I'll swing at anything if i think i can hit it, even if it bounces off the floor. some of my outs in RTTS last year were just embarrassing.
Old 02-27-2011, 03:03 PM   #20
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: MLB 11 The Show Blog: Road to The Show Returns With New Player Performance Evalua

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyMediaPlus
Ok, think of it like this:

If you constantly swing at pitches out of the zone and hit weak balls, you should get less points. Even if you get a couple fluke singles here and there, the performance thing is telling you that this WILL NOT work in the long run.

But if you keep hitting the ball hard, eventually those will result in hits in the long run even though your "fluke" result was a fly out.

Basically the game is trying to reward you for trying to play the game right. It's trying to pick up on your trends and make sure that you do the right things because if you do the right things, the high percentage plays will be rewarded

You have the concept pretty much down the game knows how well you are doing at the plate. Just because its a hit doesn't mean you made great contact and vice versa. The game looks at all these factors not just singles doubles and HR's.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:15 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Holy crap - I might get this year's game just for the new RTTS system!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2011, 12:34 AM   #22
Pro

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by willz1985
I'm gonna seriously have to start taking pitches now lol

I'm probably the single most impatient batter in the world. I'll swing at anything if i think i can hit it, even if it bounces off the floor. some of my outs in RTTS last year were just embarrassing.
You're not the only one brother. I got much better at it, but still aways to go. 2 things that always drive me nutz is when commentators talk smack on my swing. I know I just looked like a fool, no need to rub it in.

And second thing I got much better at, but used to go like this. Swing at ball, 0-1. Swing akwardly at ball in dirt, 0-2. Take strike, K. That would drive me crazy, so I improved on my own

Sent from my M860 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »