Home

Madden NFL 12 Interview: Donny Moore - Scouting Talent

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Interview: Donny Moore - Scouting Talent within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-26-2011, 10:35 AM   #17
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Madden NFL 12 Interview: Donny Moore - Scouting Talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEBB2001
"To quickly walk through the process: I値l take a guy like Mark Ingram or Blaine Gabbert and I値l find what everyone perceives is his best NFL comparison. Just to throw an example out there let's say Mark Ingram痴 baseline equivalent is Ricky Williams. I値l take Ricky Williams and utilize him as a template. I値l know right away that the Mark Ingram player I知 creating is in a similar mold as a Ricky Williams. From there, obviously, I知 tweaking each individual rating to how Ingram plays. It痴 just a starting point to give me a template for a player and how he plays."

This right here is why the ratings system presented by the folks at EA is broken. They are using templates that may or may not correlate to new players in draft classes. Why not just make a player like Mark Ingram a MARK INGRAM instead of a modified Ricky Williams. Was DJ Shockley based off of Michael Vick because he was a scrambling QB with size? Of course not! What they need to be doing is making these players total individuals who are independent from one another. If I can do it in my spare time for my site, then I would think that some guys who are professionally paid to do this could do it as well. Sheesh...
Old 02-26-2011, 10:39 AM   #18
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
Outside of rookies having ridiculously low awareness that never improves, the ratings in Madden are pretty well done.

The problem in Madden is that there are too many rating categories (40+) when only 5 or 6 of them really matter.
Yep, I've been saying that for years...so many ratings that I bet some just cancel each other out.

On a side note, I really really wish they'd put the pertinent category info relevant to the player first so I don't have to scroll through all the non-pertinent info. If I want to see a kickers accuracy and power, why should I have to scroll through all the other categories that don't matter? Please just copy Madden 08 for the pc.
Old 02-26-2011, 12:47 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 19

Let's see...

'06, then '07, then '08, then '09, then '10, then '11, now '12.

I was reading gamer replies, and then I had this thought of feeling like a "Sucka"!!!

We know they can't/won't change their Rating System because it's built on a Maxed Out Game Engine, yet here we are doing it for a 6th year.

Stirring up their Marketing Soup knowing that after 6 years of addressing this same flawed system, nothing will change.

Ratings produce the single most complaints post than any other issues about the game. Yet, here we are Again!!!

We call it "Stirring the Soup".
As long as they are talking about the product, even if negative, it will stir up their curiosity to "Purchase" to see if what they complained about has changed any.

Notice the things that are put out to the community.
It's not things that will make you say "OMG or Wow", finally.

But, stuff that make you say "What and/or This"!!!

They know the Hot Buttons of the community to get us to talk.
Including Surprise Onside-Kick with so many issues still unaddressed. Anything dealing with Ratings will elevate the blood pressure to talk/rant.

Why do an interview about the same exact system you've been using since the '06 realease? What is the communication purpose of this?

It will still function the same during gameplay in M12 as it did then in M06.

But it's not "Too Early" to talk about this piece of the game that has nothing new about it.

Remember "What and/or This"?

Stirring the Soup folks!!!
Old 02-26-2011, 03:16 PM   #20
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
"To quickly walk through the process: I値l take a guy like Mark Ingram or Blaine Gabbert and I値l find what everyone perceives is his best NFL comparison. Just to throw an example out there let's say Mark Ingram痴 baseline equivalent is Ricky Williams. I値l take Ricky Williams and utilize him as a template. I値l know right away that the Mark Ingram player I知 creating is in a similar mold as a Ricky Williams. From there, obviously, I知 tweaking each individual rating to how Ingram plays. It痴 just a starting point to give me a template for a player and how he plays."

This right here is why the ratings system presented by the folks at EA is broken. They are using templates that may or may not correlate to new players in draft classes. Why not just make a player like Mark Ingram a MARK INGRAM instead of a modified Ricky Williams. Was DJ Shockley based off of Michael Vick because he was a scrambling QB with size? Of course not! What they need to be doing is making these players total individuals who are independent from one another. If I can do it in my spare time for my site, then I would think that some guys who are professionally paid to do this could do it as well. Sheesh...

I too, will co sign to this...
Old 02-26-2011, 04:16 PM   #21
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
Madden needs Tendencies. Almost every sports game has a type of tendencies. Ratings only take you so far. It is the only thing that differenciates players. I understand starting people off with similar player's template. But if that is the only thing that makes play different, then tendencies are needed.
Yeah this will be the third year I ask for tendencies.

Also rating specific moves. I shouldn't be able to move a punter to LT and have him perform techinques that take years to learn. Likewise a 2nd string LT shouldn't have the same techinque as a future HOF'er.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2011, 05:05 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
Yeah this will be the third year I ask for tendencies.

Also rating specific moves. I shouldn't be able to move a punter to LT and have him perform techinques that take years to learn. Likewise a 2nd string LT shouldn't have the same techinque as a future HOF'er.
Besides Awareness, Players play the same. If you give 2 players similar ratings they will play the same exact way. Real life Tendencies is what separates players like Brady and Manning, Drew Brees and Romo, T. Jones and Greene. Players that have similar "Templates" but plays differently due to Real life Tendencies.
Old 02-26-2011, 06:53 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

I don't really like to bash guys on there job but they need to bring some actual guys in there who played the game to help with the ratings because Donny Moore in my opinion isn't getting it done.. I'm always tweaking a bunch of players on every team before I start my offline franchise.. The way he has his system set up is garbage..
Old 02-26-2011, 07:28 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:

So true.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »