Home

MLB 11 The Show Video: Fake Throw System Tutorial

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show Video: Fake Throw System Tutorial within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-26-2011, 01:26 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 4
I LOVE this addition to the game...it was absolutely necessary IMO. Playing the demo, I think it needs one more piece though--a couple of times now, I'll select a throw and a cancel, but before the animation for the throw even begins, so my mind starts playing with me and I end up hitting the button again (a 3rd time) and I 'm getting all screwed up.
(Russell,)
Was this experienced during production? Is it just something the player has to get used to or...?
I've been thinking maybe an indicator that pops up (under or over the player) indicating which base is selected and/or a red X if the last command was canceled...or maybe a joystick rumble for cancel in human vs. human modes...something.
Old 02-26-2011, 01:51 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: MLB 11 The Show Video: Fake Throw System Tutorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by treyraq
I LOVE this addition to the game...it was absolutely necessary IMO. Playing the demo, I think it needs one more piece though--a couple of times now, I'll select a throw and a cancel, but before the animation for the throw even begins, so my mind starts playing with me and I end up hitting the button again (a 3rd time) and I 'm getting all screwed up.
(Russell,)
Was this experienced during production? Is it just something the player has to get used to or...?
I've been thinking maybe an indicator that pops up (under or over the player) indicating which base is selected and/or a red X if the last command was canceled...or maybe a joystick rumble for cancel in human vs. human modes...something.
I think you'll get used to it. Keep practicing. The joystick rumble might be ok but I don't want more screen clutter.
Old 02-26-2011, 03:35 AM   #19
Flip That Bat!

Entiae's Arena

OVR: 9

This is great. Pressing the wrong button last year and having no way to stop the throw was annoying.
Some of the plays made in that video were beautiful.
And hopefully this will eliminate another play I used to do.
On a grounder to short with a runner at second, I just waited until the throwing animation started and sent my runner to third. I rarely got thrown out. I'm not proud I did it, but I hope the CPU will punish me if I ever try that again.
I can still try to fool them, of course, but I'll have to wait until he actually throws the ball which is more realistic.
Old 02-26-2011, 04:11 AM   #20
Legend

Tommyklaid's Arena

OVR: 20

I've already been messin' around with it in the demo...I did it by "accident" in my VERY first game and was like, "whoaaaa...this is....crazy cool!"

In years past it would have been useful, because I've preloaded throws before and I've wanted to pull back - now I can!!!!!
  • MLB The Show 24 - PS5
  • The Elder Scrolls V: SKYRIM - XBOX SERIES X
Old 02-26-2011, 01:40 PM   #21
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6
Awesome feature and very well implemented.

I could fake throw and switch it to another base instantly.

Loving it.

Thanks guys!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2011, 03:34 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 7

Love the feature.

I noticed the outfield wall at USCF has Beckham, Buehrle, Quentin, Ramirez, and Rios. I've always wondered why the actual pictures of Fisk, Aparicio, Pierce, Thomas, etc. have not been up there. I assume it has something to do with not having the rights to use their images rather than an instance of oversight by the developers.
Old 02-26-2011, 03:55 PM   #23
Rookie

meep316's Arena

OVR: 5

How exactly will this work with analog though? Because when you release the right stick on a throw, the ball is released. Do you just have to be really quick about it, or what?
Old 02-26-2011, 07:24 PM   #24
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by meep316
How exactly will this work with analog though? Because when you release the right stick on a throw, the ball is released. Do you just have to be really quick about it, or what?
Not if you are preloading your throws correctly....

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »