Home

A Couple Miscellaneous MLB 2K11 Notes

This is a discussion on A Couple Miscellaneous MLB 2K11 Notes within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-27-2011, 04:26 PM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
A Couple Miscellaneous MLB 2K11 Notes

So, my hands-on preview will be on the site tomorrow, but I just wanted to throw a couple bullet points in here of things I saw or found out but will not be in the preview.
  • No arbitration system in place in Franchise mode

• There's a "team health" screen you can go to in Franchise mode to check out injuries to players and how they're doing and so forth.

• Injuries can be progressive. So if you play a guy through an injury and can lead to a worse injury to the same affected area.

• These injuries are real-time, so each animation has a certain about of "injury risk" tied to it. So if a player is playing through a bad shoulder and tries to steamroll the catcher at the plate, it could mean very bad news.

• During a game you can go through a substitution screen and see a pitcher's repertoire (including his arsenal and speeds), as well as a "splits" screen where you can see how pitchers/batters do in certain situations.

• If you pause the game, you can look and see where your expected pitch count range is with any starter.

• The sound was rather low, but I thought every instant replay made sense in the game. 2K has generally been good at end-of-inning replays, and everything in terms of replays during the action synced up and made sense to show again.
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS2 / PS3 / Wii / PSP / NDS / PC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2011, 04:29 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 47
Re: A Couple Miscellaneous 2K11 Notes

Great to hear about the injuries being real time.
Old 02-27-2011, 04:31 PM   #3
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Sounds good. Thanks Chase
Old 02-27-2011, 04:34 PM   #4
Burrow Club

Watson's Arena

OVR: 49

Thank You kindly for the update

@AdamdotH
Old 02-27-2011, 04:45 PM   #5
MVP

hitstreak13's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
So, my hands-on preview will be on the site tomorrow, but I just wanted to throw a couple bullet points in here of things I saw or found out but will not be in the preview.
  • No arbitration system in place in Franchise mode

• There's a "team health" screen you can go to in Franchise mode to check out injuries to players and how they're doing and so forth.

• Injuries can be progressive. So if you play a guy through an injury and can lead to a worse injury to the same affected area.

• These injuries are real-time, so each animation has a certain about of "injury risk" tied to it. So if a player is playing through a bad shoulder and tries to steamroll the catcher at the plate, it could mean very bad news.

• During a game you can go through a substitution screen and see a pitcher's repertoire (including his arsenal and speeds), as well as a "splits" screen where you can see how pitchers/batters do in certain situations.

• If you pause the game, you can look and see where your expected pitch count range is with any starter.

• The sound was rather low, but I thought every instant replay made sense in the game. 2K has generally been good at end-of-inning replays, and everything in terms of replays during the action synced up and made sense to show again.
Chase, what do you mean by how they are doing (second bullet point)? Do the players rehab? Are there any setbacks? etc. I appreciate you taking time and giving us some info. Bummed about the no arbitration, but oh well. Still looking good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2011, 04:54 PM   #6
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitstreak13
Chase, what do you mean by how they are doing (second bullet point)? Do the players rehab? Are there any setbacks? etc. I appreciate you taking time and giving us some info. Bummed about the no arbitration, but oh well. Still looking good.
I can't recall if there is a need for rehab or not. But basically just if the guy is day to day or whatever. There can be setbacks if you play through the injury.
Old 02-27-2011, 05:01 PM   #7
MVP

hitstreak13's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
I can't recall if there is a need for rehab or not. But basically just if the guy is day to day or whatever. There can be setbacks if you play through the injury.
Sweet! Thank you. This will be the first baseball game to implement reoccuring injuries. I really like this idea as it is going to add tremendous strategy to franchise mode. I really can't wait to try this out. Actually, I can't wait until your preview. Midnight maybe?
Old 02-27-2011, 05:43 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 8

Is the game better than last year, overall?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »