Home

MLB 11 The Show - Top Rated Teams, Hitter, Fielder, Pitcher, and Most Improved Player

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show - Top Rated Teams, Hitter, Fielder, Pitcher, and Most Improved Player within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-28-2011, 03:32 PM   #17
Pro

etched Chaos's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: IGN Feature: Kings of the Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
The Phills have arguably the best 1-3 punch in baseball. But overall is overall doesn't mean your best 3 arms. It's the entire starting five, the entire bull pen and a closer.
Come on Russell, its the best 1-4 punch :P.

I'm quite content with team ratings knowing its an accumulation of all ratings, our BP isn't exactly strong. I was unaware before it being pointed out. But Ubaldo at #1 is going to bug me til release day and no amount of a single attribute point will quell my annoyance :P.
Old 02-28-2011, 03:41 PM   #18
MVP

Stroehms's Arena

OVR: 55

Absolutely in love with the different Jerseys in the game now.

Stoked. Hopefully I can swing this game early.
Old 02-28-2011, 04:00 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 27

God forbid the Yankees rank lower than #1 in this milennium...

Red Sox I can honestly see being in the top two. Phillies should be right there with them. Not the Yankees.

*insert loser horn from The Price is Right on this one...*
Old 02-28-2011, 04:04 PM   #20
Banned

jd369's Arena

OVR: 7

yankees have a better lineup and bullpen than the phils, even if the yanks aint in the top 2 they are still above philly.
Old 02-28-2011, 04:16 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 46

from the ign article:
Top Hitter: Albert Pujols
Tough to argue against rating the top player in the game also the top player in MLB 11. The good news: you'll have an easier time signing Pujols to a new contract in The Show than the Cardinals are having in real life.

Noooooo,I WANT to have a hard time signing him!

It would be neat tho if he got all uppity and kept refusing offers.

As far as the Phils getting snubbed as best overall pitching, blame it on Battalucco!
Battalucco who?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2011, 04:19 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd369
yankees have a better lineup and bullpen than the phils, even if the yanks aint in the top 2 they are still above philly.
I have to agree with you on this.I actually like both teams so there is nothing bias here on my opinion. Phillies have a great starting rotation but bullpen has a lot of questions. Phillies offense is a little suspect without Werth, there still good obviously but not near the Yankees level.
Old 02-28-2011, 04:38 PM   #23
Banned

jd369's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis72
I have to agree with you on this.I actually like both teams so there is nothing bias here on my opinion. Phillies have a great starting rotation but bullpen has a lot of questions. Phillies offense is a little suspect without Werth, there still good obviously but not near the Yankees level.
LOL I hate both teams with a passion, but I view the game as a whole with as little bias as possible.
Old 02-28-2011, 04:49 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd369
LOL I hate both teams with a passion, but I view the game as a whole with as little bias as possible.
LOL, I think most people either love them or hate them and there no in between with these teams. I'm a Reds fan as well as most of my family but my Dad was a Yankees fan so I tend to root for them most of the time except for last year i was rooting for Texas ( big Josh Hamilton fan). The Phill's have always had guys I liked so I have never hated them evn thou there in the NL with my Reds. Some of my favorite ballplayers that played there were Dykstra, Dalton, Kruk, Schmidt, and of course Pete Rose played there as well so I have found it hard to hate them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »