Home

MLB 11 The Show - Analog Hitting/Pitching Miscellaneous Tips

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show - Analog Hitting/Pitching Miscellaneous Tips within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-02-2011, 02:44 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
does any 1 know if it matters if you it power swing or contact swing when using analog controls?
Old 03-02-2011, 03:02 PM   #10
Retar Crew

Antec's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: MLB 11 The Show - Analog Hitting/Pitching Miscellaneous Tips

It does. You can tell by looking at the swing analysis after the swing. Power Swing's PCI is tiny while Contact swing's is huge.

Do you have to start the stride based on the batter's individual style or is it always when the Pitcher is releasing the ball? For example Buster Posey's swing takes forever.

I'm starting his when the pitcher raises his leg but I struggle horribly with Posey.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:13 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antec
It does. You can tell by looking at the swing analysis after the swing. Power Swing's PCI is tiny while Contact swing's is huge.

Do you have to start the stride based on the batter's individual style or is it always when the Pitcher is releasing the ball? For example Buster Posey's swing takes forever.

I'm starting his when the pitcher raises his leg but I struggle horribly with Posey.
Does pressing X or O or Square pre-pitch matter if you're using analog control, or does it go just based on how you swing the bat?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2011, 07:15 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0
Sorry Antec, didn't mean to quote you on that.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:44 PM   #13
#ITFDB

sbmnky's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antec

I think that's way too early to start you swing. I start all my batter pretty much the same - right before or during the release of the pitch from the pitcher's hand.

I will keep my eye focused on the pitcher's hat and when he's about half way through his windup I shift my eyes to look in the zone of where's he's going to be releasing the pitch. Once I see the the ball in his hand within that zone is when I start my pre-load (push down on the RS). Even if I take a pitch, I will release the RS so I can see how my stride timing is. I'm usually 'Normal' or 'Perfect' on AS & HoF (haven't tried Legend yet).

I recommend taking an inning or two and just watching pitching and practicing your RS movement/timing. This really helped me get feel for each batter and I am not of the opinion that there is a HUGE difference in timing between a guy like Torres and Posey. There is a slight difference, but it's not seconds different, IMO. I think hitting is very much feel based this year which I love - especially when batting with guys who have a fluid movement pre-pitch.

Hope that helps.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:48 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 8

Can someone help explain to me how to use the post-pitch swing analysis? There is contact and timing, does timing have to do with pushing back on the stick and contact have to do with pushing forward? Or am I just overthinking it?

Brian
Old 03-02-2011, 09:57 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by brezz2001
Can someone help explain to me how to use the post-pitch swing analysis? There is contact and timing, does timing have to do with pushing back on the stick and contact have to do with pushing forward? Or am I just overthinking it?

Brian
When you don't swing, the "release" is telling you how well you timed the pushing back on teh stick. When you do swing, the "release" and "timing" are telling you the whole result of your swing, so it factors in the push back and the push forward.

I've figured out that no matter what kind of stride or leg kick a guy has, it's good to just pull back around the same time as the pitcher releases the ball. It's pretty simple once you realize that.

I have been using contact swing like crazy (pressing O before the pitch) when I have two strikes. I got Wilson to throw 65 pitches in 4 innings and Lincecum to throw 102 pitches in 6 innings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2011, 11:05 PM   #16
#ITFDB

sbmnky's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_Piazza
When you don't swing, the "release" is telling you how well you timed the pushing back on teh stick. When you do swing, the "release" and "timing" are telling you the whole result of your swing, so it factors in the push back and the push forward.

I've figured out that no matter what kind of stride or leg kick a guy has, it's good to just pull back around the same time as the pitcher releases the ball. It's pretty simple once you realize that.

I have been using contact swing like crazy (pressing O before the pitch) when I have two strikes. I got Wilson to throw 65 pitches in 4 innings and Lincecum to throw 102 pitches in 6 innings.
This is a definitely helps increase pitch counts and helps foul off borderline pitches.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »