Home

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters Preview

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters Preview within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-22-2011, 06:34 PM   #17
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
I know you can lock in the swing power during the pre-swing setup if you choose.
Seriously? You can lock your swing power in the pre-swing setup?? That's reason for concern IMO, particularly if you can do that in the game's highest difficulty. With a motion controller in hand, I shouldn't have an option to lock the swing power to a given value, and then giving it a full rip with the Move. I would hope that at least in Tournament difficulty, my shot power would be soley determined by how hard/fast I swung the club!?
Old 02-22-2011, 07:12 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
Seriously? You can lock your swing power in the pre-swing setup?? That's reason for concern IMO, particularly if you can do that in the game's highest difficulty. With a motion controller in hand, I shouldn't have an option to lock the swing power to a given value, and then giving it a full rip with the Move. I would hope that at least in Tournament difficulty, my shot power would be soley determined by how hard/fast I swung the club!?
Just don't choose to lock in your swing power. If the option is there it doesn't mean you have to use it.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:50 PM   #19
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
Just don't choose to lock in your swing power. If the option is there it doesn't mean you have to use it.
If indeed this ability to lock your power is available in all difficulty levels, that's the way I'll play it. I just don't want to see the Tournament difficulty Live Tournaments and head-to-head multiplayer matches be compromised by an aid or tool that has no business being in the game's most simulation mode.

Again, I may be getting my panties in a wad over nothing. Chase has already admitted he was playing in one of the easier difficulty levels. I'm betting it was Amateur, since that's what the game has always defaulted to.

Last edited by OnlookerDelay; 02-24-2011 at 10:23 PM.
Old 02-24-2011, 06:51 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 6
Nice preview. Is the actual Masters Grand Slam event going to be playable in career mode? Or is it just the golf course?
Old 02-24-2011, 07:59 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raskal
Nice preview. Is the actual Masters Grand Slam event going to be playable in career mode? Or is it just the golf course?
The Masters Tournament is in the game....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2011, 12:47 PM   #22
Pro

rolltide1017's Arena

OVR: 7

Is Augusta the only course that got the new laser scanning treatment? If so, does anyone know if EA has plans to update then other courses using the same technology in the future?
Old 03-04-2011, 05:03 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide1017
Is Augusta the only course that got the new laser scanning treatment?
No. Every new course to the game is laser-scanned. I believe EA has scheduled some of the older exclusive courses for laser-scanning whenever they can get to them because it is a 10 day process that is anything but inexpensive as well as the resources needed to update these courses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide1017
If so, does anyone know if EA has plans to update then other courses using the same technology in the future?
See above.....
Old 03-04-2011, 06:35 PM   #24
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jestep123
This game is going to be really good. I actually think 11 was good with the Move. I think it was very underated (probably because its an EA game).

I have Cerebral Palsey so I have never and will never play on an actual course in my life. I have gotten every EA golf game since 97 when it was still just called PGA TOUR. Being able to use the motion controllers a \nd play a round of golf with my brothers (neither of whom are disabled) is an awesome feeling that I never thought I would be able to experience.

Just one man's opinion, but if you like the sport of golf, you are going to be doing yourself a disservice if you dont pick this one up at some point.
I'm debating buying the move to play this game. I would get kicked off of a real golf course for tearing it up. Just wondering how much of a delay there is from the swing to what is happening on the screen?

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »