Home

NASCAR The Game 2011 Video - Kyle Busch Races at Daytona

This is a discussion on NASCAR The Game 2011 Video - Kyle Busch Races at Daytona within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-08-2011, 05:14 PM   #9
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Kyle Busch races Dayton Nascar the game 2011

I agree, I also hope you can turn the draft meter and other things off in the hud. I like a clean screen so hopefully you can turn everything off. NFS Shift does it best, you can turn the hud off and on using the D-Pad, every racing game should do that.

The game looks great though, the cars look real nice. Since Shift 2 and this game come out on the same day, I'm picking up Shift 2 and will wait to read people impressions before getting this game.
Old 03-09-2011, 02:22 AM   #10
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Looks great... few things though
1. Would like to have seen a better prerace introduction

2. Would have been cool if the race featured pretty much all 2 car drafting like it was at Daytona in real life this year. But they really didn't know that race would have turned out that way but it would have been cool.

3. The slingshot effect is overdone in video games. In real life if you are drafting and decide to go by yourself you aren't always just going to slingshot past everyone. In real life if you go by yourself your most likely going to be screwed because youre left out to dry while other drivers have drafting partners unless someone goes with you and helps push you. But you shouldn't be able to slingshot past 3-4 cars like it seems you do in this game. Cars drafting will have the advantage over 1 car deciding to go by himself even if its a slingshot.
Old 03-09-2011, 03:11 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 13
Better have been on easy mode; going 43rd to 1st in 10 laps makes qualifying a waste of time.

Didn't like how he would routinely be driving ~195 and "bump draft" somebody in front of him that seemed to be doing about 180 with no consequence; it seemed like the car in front just suddenly picked up 15mph when he got behind it and went right back down to 180 once he went around.

Looked really good graphics-wise but I'm going to need to see more of a build-your-way-to-the-top setup before I commit my $60.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2011, 07:29 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 4
I agree, it must be set on easy for him to go last to first in 10 laps. Since the race was set to only 10 laps, maybe it makes it easier because of the short race?

Wonder if this was played with a controller or a wheel. Could be why there was so much jerkiness with the car.

I like the pre-race commentary and fly-over. However, the best part of "Gentlemen, start your engines!" is missing. I like full control and driving the pace lap (like Nascar 2003).

Didnt see any wrecks or cautions. Still anxious to see video on how they incorporated that aspect of NASCAR.

Still looking forward to this game but this video is making me scared that it might be to arcadey...
Old 03-09-2011, 12:51 PM   #13
Rookie

Papi34's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: NASCAR The Game 2011 Video - Kyle Busch Races at Daytona

Looks good, love the sense of speed. I think that it must of been on easy though, as everyone says, because of the way he sliced through the field. You can do the same thing in NR2003 on easy though.

I didn't like the way he seemed to really thump the cars in front without any adverse effects at all, especially with Carl Edwards when he catches his rear nearside. I would have thought that would have caused a spin, or at least a good twitch.
Old 03-09-2011, 06:41 PM   #14
Rookie

acreyman's Arena

OVR: 6
well.......I really hope there is a difficulty that caters to hardcore fans and not 8 year olds because that was pathetic. someone is gonna sue Kyle after that vid because they got whiplash from his "bumpdrafting". Some of those hits woulda sent one if not both cars into the wall or at the very least caused some damage. I am assuming damage was off in the vid.......the draft was way too powerfull, and like mentioned above Carl Edwards caught up when he was out of the draft. And it looked like the lead cars were WAY ahead of the rest of the pack. That video really threw up red flags. If they come out with a Demo that need to put all the difficulty levels in it. This is the last hope for a us NASCAR fans I think and I am getting worried.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:37 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NASCAR The Game 2011 Video - Kyle Busch Races at Daytona

I would be very suprised if this video were on any other difficulty than the easiest setting. I'm not worried at all. After all, why make a video of a guy starting 43rd and finishing 40th? I'm sure we will be able to turn off all the HUD options also.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2011, 07:09 AM   #16
Rookie

Randiesel75's Arena

OVR: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by BronxBombers22
I would be very suprised if this video were on any other difficulty than the easiest setting. I'm not worried at all. After all, why make a video of a guy starting 43rd and finishing 40th? I'm sure we will be able to turn off all the HUD options also.
I'm in agreement with this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »