Home

Fight Night Champion Patch Arrives in the Next Couple of Months

This is a discussion on Fight Night Champion Patch Arrives in the Next Couple of Months within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-10-2011, 08:57 AM   #9

OVR: 34
Re: Fight Night Champion Patch Arrives in the Next Couple of Months

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUFFNREADY
I just don't get it; how can you bring out a demo almost a month before release; and still ship a game full of bugs? Then tell the community that it will be a few months before they can get a patch out? Oh; and state that they will work on the tuner sets to tweak "whatever" shortly? They used me as a tester for their demo (collected info for online); and i didn't get paid; and now they are slacking off! There should have been a patch ready on release day with all those problems. Sliders being at the head of the pack. EA had two years to work on this game; and it still shipped with bugs... WOW. I feel like i got sucker PUNCHED! don't you?

cheers EA.
You didn't get paid? Are you serious? I want the game to operate in its fullest potential as any other, but I'm not going to claim EA robbed me of anything or cut me short. We got to play a demo (online) for two weeks. In no way did that represent the full scope of what the game is. It was basic head to head fights. No OWC, no gyms etc. And if you do your history of game demos, we used to have to buy a magazine to get them or maybe count on the local retailer to give them away. Now we get to download them for free and we are complaining about not getting paid. Unreal.

Another thing that is getting silly is the advice to rent first. You can wait a week to purchase the game and read forums here on OS to come to a logical conclusion of the game. Me, I felt I'd enjoy it enough to keep putting a few bucks on it until I paid it off in time for release. And I have no regrets.

That's not to say I don't have issues with some things in the game, but at some point we need to take a step back and hold ourselves accountable first. All these comments like, "I'm not surprised, it's EA...they suck.." tell me some of you should know better. If you can say that, you did the math. You don't like EA. Fine, don't buy the game and be done with it. But for some reason it's as if people are standing in line to gripe.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:22 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 6
Not surprisingly, the Red Sox fan is also an EA apologist.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:30 AM   #11
Rookie

tyreeii's Arena

OVR: 3

It looks like Dave DQ has what I call "good sense" and is realistic about the world. Everyone has to understand that the days of "complete" videogames being released are over. EA is a leit business and they have dates or deadlines to meet regardless of the end user. People are pushing this product out to save their jobs an dI may have problems with it but I understand their goal and I can choose to support them or not (why I stopped buying NBA Live).

That being said, 5 years ago we did not have patches, we took what they gave us and made the best out of it. For instance, Knockout Kings 2002 was a horrible game but I still played it and there was no patch, Coach K had a fadeaway glitch but I still played it and there was no patch. I made my choice and I lived with it.

do I like having patches...no, I don't but I understand that it is a game and I use it as a tool to have some fun and alleviate stress.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2011, 09:45 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyreeii
It looks like Dave DQ has what I call "good sense" and is realistic about the world. Everyone has to understand that the days of "complete" videogames being released are over. EA is a leit business and they have dates or deadlines to meet regardless of the end user. People are pushing this product out to save their jobs an dI may have problems with it but I understand their goal and I can choose to support them or not (why I stopped buying NBA Live).

That being said, 5 years ago we did not have patches, we took what they gave us and made the best out of it. For instance, Knockout Kings 2002 was a horrible game but I still played it and there was no patch, Coach K had a fadeaway glitch but I still played it and there was no patch. I made my choice and I lived with it.

do I like having patches...no, I don't but I understand that it is a game and I use it as a tool to have some fun and alleviate stress.
I think the point of frustration is that evry single EA title I played over the last year...Madden, NCAA, FNC has been on the verge of greatness, but instead remain mediocre because of a few flaws.

These flaws seem very correctable like working sliders,stamina, and AI punch output for FNC, but the odds of EA delivering are slim to none. Its frustrating, but they are the only game in town so you have to pick your poison.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:47 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 39
I'm glad I didn't get the game yet. Their are people waiting on my feedback and review but from me watching various forums I'm really upset and thinking about not getting it until it's patched.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:48 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 6
Hmmm, you'd think with the 2 year developement cycle they would have the small things worked out.

Oh well, we are going to get a good boxing game one of these days or months..

Last edited by jjsmitty34; 03-10-2011 at 11:54 AM.
Old 03-10-2011, 10:46 AM   #15
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

I'm almost surprised this is an issue after 2 years of development.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2011, 11:17 AM   #16
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
I'm almost surprised this is an issue after 2 years of development.
I think that's the key, 2 year of development. The other thing is, EA MMA (which I own) has done a good job with stamina, and made it even better after their recent patch. So much so that it stopped hook spammers online and they're crying about it on the EA board.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »