Home

NBA 2K12 - Steve Kerr to Join Kevin Harlan on Commentary Team

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 - Steve Kerr to Join Kevin Harlan on Commentary Team within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-11-2011, 05:27 PM   #17
MVP

wrestlinggod1's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: NBA 2K12 - Steve Kerr to Join Kevin Harlan on Commentary Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman5805
So Kellogg is out now or something? If so, I approve.
Me too. It felt weird to be playing 2K and having some guy that I don't know doing commentary.

Go MIAMI Teams!!
Old 03-11-2011, 05:48 PM   #18
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61
I actually don't mind Clark.....but I'd rather have somebody who ACTUALLY odes NBA games. I think this is a good move.

Plus....Steve Kerr was one of the few things I liked about Live.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:05 PM   #19
All Star

OVR: 21

I've never understood the Kellogg hate by some around here myself. I think he's been very good in the game, except for a few lines here/there which is understandable. That said I do remember Kerr delivering his lines well in a few past NBA Live games. As someone else noted imo it's more about the script and how the voice talent is directed, which 2K does a great job at. Short of going to a 3-man booth a new play-by-play voice should add some freshness to the commentary

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 03-11-2011, 06:16 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

I didn't mind Kellog's commentary, but I prefer having Steve Kerr. He's solid on real-life TNT broadcasts and was also solid in the Live games.

Good call, 2K.

Old 03-11-2011, 06:31 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: steve kerr on nba 2k12

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
If Harlan gave the announcement hopefully that means he will still be on the broadcast team in 2k. If Kerr doesn't get a good script or put in enough studio time in regards to commentary his addition means nada. I really don't think Clark is bad imo. Just give the man a better script....
Sorry but Clark sucks, he's the reason (him and his stupid lines) that a lot of people turn the commentary off. Take that garbage rebounding virtuoso line out
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2011, 07:00 PM   #22
MVP

dunnyduns's Arena

OVR: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by statum71
I actually don't mind Clark.....but I'd rather have somebody who ACTUALLY odes NBA games. I think this is a good move.

Plus....Steve Kerr was one of the few things I liked about Live.
Clark Kellogg does do actual NBA games just not on a national level. Kellogg has been the color commentator for road Pacers games for more than 20 years so he does do work at the NBA level.

Being a Pacers fan I like Clark Kellogg in NBA 2k11 and would rather have Kellogg than Kerr. But, I'm playing the game for the actual gameplay not who is calling the games so it doesn't really matter who they have doing the play by play to me.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:16 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 1
Not a bad guy to have doing the commentary; that said Clark wasn't that horrible. While 2k definitely improved the commentary from last year, they could have worked harder at making sure that Clark doesn't sound like a douche.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:30 PM   #24
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
nice addition but as someone else said, put Marv Albert in there. Steve and Marv with some TNT stuff (lock up that deal for TNT 2k). Maybe keep Harlan and Clark (although i'm not much of a Kellogg fan) and have 2 different teams so you dont get the same guys every game.

Just as long as Hubie Brown isnt in there (i know he's ESPN/ABC). When he is doing the game its the worst. The way he speaks (how many times does he say "ok" or "now look") and how hard he tries to justify every call the refs make as the right call, he is brutal. Mike Tirico, Jeff Van Gundy and Mark Jackson would be nice if they could have the ESPN/ABC rights in the game. But just get TNT in there at least.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »