Home

MLB '11: The Show Mid-Review Update

This is a discussion on MLB '11: The Show Mid-Review Update within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-14-2011, 04:40 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
MLB '11: The Show Mid-Review Update

After spending the past half week with MLB 11: The Show, here is list of “small” things that I’ve come to appreciate -- and a few that have become an annoyance.

The Small Things, Both Good and Bad

First, I love the lighting in this game. Day games look like day games, even when it is overcast and the lights are on. I also like the shadows creeping across the batter's box and how they really have a slight affect on picking up the pitch. Night games look fantastic as well.

The new weather effects are also wonderful. Rain looks good without being overdone. I have not seen any specific weather-related animations yet, but to be truthful, I have not been playing in the rain a ton. I did, however, get to hear some commentary related to the weather.

Read More - MLB '11: The Show Impressions at the Seventh Inning Stretch
Platform: PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2011, 05:24 PM   #2
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: MLB '11: The Show Mid-Review Update

RE: Loading time in RTTS. I am just not seeing anywhere near those types of loading times - at least not in the minors. I'll start timing it and post my results when I get home.

EDIT: First game I was in the starting lineup. 50 seconds load time going in. 12 seconds load time coming out. This is AAA, so I'm not sure if you're seeing the longer load times due to loading major league parks? I can't comment on that. But to say that a pinch hitting appearance takes 10 minutes with only 2-3 minutes of game time seems entirely off base from my experience so far.

Fat PS3, btw.

Last edited by ImTellinTim; 03-14-2011 at 07:43 PM.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:36 PM   #3
Staff Writer

OVR: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTellinTim
RE: Loading time in RTTS. I am just not seeing anywhere near those types of loading times - at least not in the minors. I'll start timing it and post my results when I get home.

EDIT: First game I was in the starting lineup. 50 seconds load time going in. 12 seconds load time coming out. This is AAA, so I'm not sure if you're seeing the longer load times due to loading major league parks? I can't comment on that. But to say that a pinch hitting appearance takes 10 minutes with only 2-3 minutes of game time seems entirely off base from my experience so far.

Fat PS3, btw.
You are probably right that my 10 minute estimate is high, but the the load times are way too high. I feel like we should be able to jump in and out with relative ease. My estimate was taking everything into account...loading into the mode, simming to the your next appearance, having it load up, player introductions, at-bat, loading time coming out, etc. It at least FEELS like 10 minutes.

Thanks for timing it though.
Old 03-15-2011, 12:16 AM   #4
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: MLB '11: The Show Mid-Review Update

I do agree with you to a point. Especially when you're playing multiple games in a row in the same stadium.

I can see how almost a minute could be too long for some. Just not a big deal to me.
Old 03-15-2011, 01:59 AM   #5
Sic 'em Bears!

BaylorBearBryant's Arena

OVR: 10
Dynamic rain is a nice feature. But the best new addition is analog hitting! Fantastic!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2011, 09:50 AM   #6
Rookie

Bulls321974's Arena

OVR: 6
Do i love this game? Oh yes!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »