Home

Fight Night Champion Review

This is a discussion on Fight Night Champion Review within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-16-2011, 02:11 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Fight Night Champion Review

Welcomed by the rhythmic sounds of a fighter’s heart, drums from The Roots beat slow and steady as the opening track brings Fight Night Champion to life.

Players are thrown right into the storm, assuming the role of Andre Bishop in a boxer’s tale. As the humbled and focused Bishop, players live out this champion boxer’s storied history and battle through his path to redemption.

Read More - Fight Night Champion Review
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2011, 02:29 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: Fight Night Champion Review

Great Review Chris!
Old 03-16-2011, 02:52 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

I thought it was a fair review. I thought you may have made career mode seem a bit better tan what you actually get, but everything else was on point. I am glad you mentioned some of the 360 sliders not working because people have the right to know that.

Overall good review. I would have given it a bit lower numerical score, but I am sure that the 8 you gave it fits your criteria for a great game.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:54 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

I had hoped the new review process would be better but it seems as if that is not the case.

An 8.0? For what? Changing the analog punches, adding a few hours long champion mode and adding a ref in the ring?

Sorry if this comes off as hostile or bitter but I really don't think this game deserves an 8.
Old 03-16-2011, 08:56 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
I had hoped the new review process would be better but it seems as if that is not the case.

An 8.0? For what? Changing the analog punches, adding a few hours long champion mode and adding a ref in the ring?

Sorry if this comes off as hostile or bitter but I really don't think this game deserves an 8.
and it took them only 2 years to get all of that done.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2011, 03:09 PM   #6
Pro

acarrero's Arena

OVR: 10
Good review, I would give it a 9, as the flaws are few and the gameplay is simply addictive and overall the most realistic boxing simulator by far. "It took 2 years for them to add only that", what about The Show, how much has that changed in 4 years, answer: not nearly as much as the steps taken fwd by this franchise.
Old 03-17-2011, 03:28 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by acarrero
Good review, I would give it a 9, as the flaws are few and the gameplay is simply addictive and overall the most realistic boxing simulator by far. "It took 2 years for them to add only that", what about The Show, how much has that changed in 4 years, answer: not nearly as much as the steps taken fwd by this franchise.
If you are going to make reference to the show, and give this game a 9, what is your score for the Show?

The in the ring game despite its flaws is probably about a 9, but it needs more fluidity than the same 4 canned knock downs.

But the career mode has been left literally unchanged since the it came out for the PS2 8 years or so ago. Couple that with broken sliders, some glitches, and overall dull presentation, I don't see how the game gets above a 7.5.

That said, if they build a robust legacy around the current in ring fighting, you'll definitely have a 9 on your hands.
Old 03-17-2011, 03:43 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
If you are going to make reference to the show, and give this game a 9, what is your score for the Show?

The in the ring game despite its flaws is probably about a 9, but it needs more fluidity than the same 4 canned knock downs.

But the career mode has been left literally unchanged since the it came out for the PS2 8 years or so ago. Couple that with broken sliders, some glitches, and overall dull presentation, I don't see how the game gets above a 7.5.

That said, if they build a robust legacy around the current in ring fighting, you'll definitely have a 9 on your hands.
Agreed, gameplay gets a lower score for me because of the mentioned issues. Broken Sliders, Bugs, Glitches, and Removed features. While the "In Ring" action is great, there is much more to gameplay than just "In Ring"

Which is why I scored it a 7.4 overall

Presentation - 7 (Lacking Presentation, Champion Mode Presentation bumped up this score)
Graphics - 9 (AMAZING Graphics and best player models)
Sound - 6 (Gloves hitting sound like cabinets slamming shut)
Gameplay - 7 (Bugs, Glitches, Removes Features, Broken Sliders)
Controls - 8 (Great controls, really easy to learn but still some input lag)
Replay value - 8 (Plenty of Modes)

Overall - 7.4

Last edited by Phobia; 03-17-2011 at 03:47 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »