Home

MLB '11: The Show Review (PS3)

This is a discussion on MLB '11: The Show Review (PS3) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-16-2011, 04:54 PM   #17
24 Forever

mike24forever's Arena

OVR: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by born_bad
If Madden 11 got a 9 than this score seems wrong. This game objectively does baseball "stuff" better than Madden does football "stuff," so in no universe does it make sense to me that the Show gets a lower score than Madden. If it's something to do with a new review system, that system is flawed.

On a site "dedicated to sports gaming" these sports games should be comparted to each other, too. In that regard, the Show is much higher on the mountain looking down at other sports games and should be graded as such.
You should be banned!! Read the new review process!
Old 03-16-2011, 04:55 PM   #18
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: MLB '11: The Show Review (PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by econoodle
Also, neglecting franchise and now seeing these major problems crop up should be a lesson to SCEA that Ian Cummings admitted to learning last year, that no mode should go untouched.
Why? Just to say you looked at it? Much rather see each individual mode addressed fully in a cycle rather then the buckshot approach of trying to partially address 5.
Old 03-16-2011, 04:57 PM   #19
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by econoodle
Also, neglecting franchise and now seeing these major problems crop up should be a lesson to SCEA that Ian Cummings admitted to learning last year, that no mode should go untouched.
Franchise mode wasn't neglected we have limited resources and limited time. Can't revamp every mode every year. RTTS needed some love as Franchise mode received a large portion of the resources the previous two years.
Old 03-16-2011, 05:05 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Why? Just to say you looked at it? Much rather see each individual mode addressed fully in a cycle rather then the buckshot approach of trying to partially address 5.

The game is great and some key areas needs tweaking but the game is fantastic all around. Nuff said.

But Nem that avatar is about the best I have seen....Good job
Old 03-16-2011, 05:08 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Franchise mode wasn't neglected we have limited resources and limited time. Can't revamp every mode every year. RTTS needed some love as Franchise mode received a large portion of the resources the previous two years.

Ramon

Great job with the game overall. My biggest grip with the game and it has been since PS3 started is the control given or taken away from us as the fielder in the outfield. I have lost some games because my fielder goes into a canned animation in the outfield that is slow mo and the runners take extra bases because of it.

I wish the animations would only take over closer to when the ball is about to be caught and not so soon on certain plays.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2011, 05:11 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 0
has there been a full minors roster upped on for the show?
Old 03-16-2011, 05:15 PM   #23
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants4Natic
But Nem that avatar is about the best I have seen....Good job
It is from the pic and vid thread. 42 cropped it for me to make it into an avatar.
Old 03-16-2011, 05:26 PM   #24
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Good, fair review. I'm a big fan of this game (I wrote my own review just for fun), even though I am struggling out of the gates with the Analog controls.

For those comparing this score to prior years', that argument doesn't hold up because as Chase and others have mentioned, OS completely re-vamped its review system.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »